Peugeot PX10

Patrick_S

Dirt Disciple
Simplex gears needed some serious maintenance, so have been ditched for the time being, and a quick singlespeed conversion has been done.

Yes, the fork Is bent but old french standards make replacement finding difficult!

Attachments

• 5095667765a8588385402l.jpg
    5095667765a8588385402l.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,393
there must be 100s of bikes like that rusting away in france .

I have a red peugeot in 501 reynolds doing just that .

cchris2lou":3fedgfla said:
there must be 100s of bikes like that rusting away in france .
Well yeah. But there must be hundreds of cracked Team Stumpjumpers rusting away in the US.

"A bike's a bike, and if you love yours, don't take no shit from nobody." - CHVNK666

near as dammit.

Now, this is my own personal opinion so you can shoot me down if you wish:

I dont think your bike is worth spending any more time or money on

If you're now into the Peugeot brand (I'm quite taken by them), there are lots of decent frames as a starting point to make a classic road bike/ commuter or just a 'faffing' around bike.

My point is, I just dont think you will derive much pleasure from riding that particular bike as for the price of replacing the forks, you could bag yourself something from further up the model range. It will be nicer to ride.

just my thoughts...

legrandefromage":2ic0gzeu said:
Now, this is my own personal opinion so you can shoot me down if you wish:

I dont think your bike is worth spending any more time or money on
and with a heavy heart, I have to agree, CHVNK666 notwithstanding. I'll add that, to judge by the saddle height, something a few inches smaller would also be a much better idea.

http://cyclespeugeot.com/images/1981_PH8.jpg

yea that is pretty close
although mine had downtube shifters, and the freewheel isnt Maillard, it's an Atom, with a lovely sounding 40ish engagement points.

But yea I think you guys are right and i'll not bother trying to find a replacement fork, I am having great fun on this one though, my other bike is a GT mountainbike specced for what one would call "freeride" so this makes a fun change.

However, i would be prepared to buy a different one. Are there any websites as well as ebay where I could look for one? I'll also pop into local bike shops too though.

Back