gt

A

Anonymous

good day all,stumbled acroos this site,last week thought i would say hi,i have been trying to find my old zaskar,wichi built up about nine years ago,traced the bugger and the guy in question wont sell it back to me,its been hung up in his garage for years,if i sort a deal will post some pics.I used to anodise hope and pace products many years ago,so the old gt has a rather funky look to it!!!

hi,

this is my zaskar

picture0411er.th.jpg

I love anodized bits as you can see . since that picture , I have painted the forks white . put a pink handlebars and a few other bits .

how do you do to anodize stuff ?. as my chainset could do with a respray .

Attachments

• picture0411er.jpg
    picture0411er.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 3,502
Old school zaskars with lot's of anodized trick bits are pretty damn cool.

gaf16 has had a few bits re-anodized. Give him a shout.

Were I live many riders rode the hardcore way and trials back then

Some of them used Zaskars. They are pretty sturdy, but warranty was always a hassle

gasman, are you still able to re-anodise parts?

the zasker was 1 of the fore runners to the modern day MTB jump bike. no question.

yep Zaskars are, sorry, were pretty nice and sturdy. Classic.

Regarding anodising, I have enquired to a couple of local brummie places, but they are not interested in one offs. I am sure someone will be, its just finding them!!

Hijacking the thread (sorry) ano info...

Here's a guy that will treat you right...Randy at Absolute Finish. If you are willing to be a bit patient, Randy will work your parts into the Ano tank and then the dye process is relatively quick. Check him out at...

www.absolutefinish.com

Make sure you insure your parts during shipping as you would be sending across the pond.

If you fancy doing it yourself, as I have, check this site out...

http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html

Ron's booklet is worth the money if you are wanting to set up an ano line. Buy your supplies elsewhere though (Caswell Inc.) as Ron marks his stuff up enough to make it worth his while.

cheers,

rody

soz chris,colne anodising,is no longer.anodising is a proces of firing a volts at ally in a treated solution,wich puts microns on the metal,wich then can be sealed or coloured then sealed.

Hi, been speaking to Gaf16, apparently there is a place in Walsall that does small lot anodising - £20 min order, but had some cranks and a couple of other bits done for that.

Majestic Aluminium Finishing Co.Ltd
Queen St, Walsall, WS2 9NU
01922 628596

Not tried them yet, but may be worth a call.

Cheers..

Back