2008 Olympic Road Champ Replica ...

gridno27

rBotM Winner
Here are the youngest aquisition of my private small "Plastic PRO bike Replica collection" of rad bikes.

This Orbea Orca II (one of the most beautifuliest modern carbon frame sets) has been built up in the spec of Samuel Sanchez's winner bike of 2008s Olympic Games in Bejing, which include the Spanish Coulours red-yellow-red at the bar tape.L
A corresponded Spanish Team Jersey is still not available - I am still looking for one in M, L or XL.

The frame set was ridden by myself since 2009 with a Campagnolo SR - after getting a new orange-black Euskadi Euskaltel labeled Orca of 2014 I decide to rebuilt this Orca II with a Shimano Dura Ace 7800 groupset and a WH-7850-C24 wheelset. Nearly in the same specification with the Spaniard Samuel Sanchez has won at the end of the Olympic Race the sprint for Gold.

For my opinion the Basque Orca , especially the Orca II has its own identity and is one of the most interesting subjects of design in road biking. The orca frame set has been a perfect combination of a lot of different types of tubes. Beginning with the top tube, which started as a square at the round seat tube and transforms into a horse shoe form at the steering tube. The down tube was one of the first aerodynamic airfoil and the rear part, i.e. seat and chain stays have been built as triangels which becomes smaller and smaller diameter to the dropouts. And all this types of tubes are combined in wonderful symbiose of design. The Orbea Orca looks like a Sculpture of Art and not like one of this uniform carbon frame sets.

Here are the complete specification

frame set Orbea Orca II, size 54 matt-black
Headset FSA Orbit carbon, integrated
stem FSA OS-115 (with carbon front plate)
handle bar FSA Wing Pro compact
bar tape FSA
Groupset Shimano Dura Ace 7800
- brake and gear Levers Shimano Dura Ace ST-7800
- brake calipers Shimano Dura Ace BR-7800
- front derailleur Shimano Dura Ace FD-7800
- crank set Shimano Dura Ace FC-7800, 53-39z in 172,5 mm
- bottom braket Shimano Dura Ace Cups ISMFC7800 BSA
- rear derailleur Shimano Dura Ace RD-7800 10-speed
pedals Shimano Dura Ace PD-7800
seat post Zeus CAT III
saddle Selle Italia SLR Carbonio flow, White - SLR Team Issue hasn't been available
Wheelset Shimano Dura Ace WH-7825-24 Cl ... tubular version also not available
Tyres Vittoria Corsa EVO CX in black

Weight 6.88 kgs

Attachments

• orca_2008_01.jpg
    orca_2008_01.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 501
  • orca_2008_02.jpg
    orca_2008_02.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 501
  • orca_2008_03.jpg
    orca_2008_03.jpg