The loft of delights provides again: Tamyia Sand Scorcher

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
'Faffing' around the loft yesterday found me an almost complete sand scorcher front and rear end.

Looked up ebay and couldnt believe the prices for parts alone - got me a decent retro bikes worth!

I had one of those BITD. :D Tamiya re-released them not long back. :D

yes, I saw one of them sold on ebay for good price last year, think it went over £100 and wasnt mint though, worth trying on ebay if you want some cash for your bikes, lol

Just a few of mine.......

DSCN1975.jpg

DSCN1994.jpg

Bling01.jpg

I've loved these things since the 80s when I had my first Scorcher.

They've never been re-released (and probably never will be), but there's still plenty around if you're prepared to pay.

A complete front and rear (if you have the gearbox and motor covers) could fetch close to £100 on their own. I could certainly buy a Klein or Yo if I sold some of mine......but I'm not going to. ;)

guybe":3213b1ye said:
yes, I saw one of them sold on ebay for good price last year, think it went over £100 and wasnt mint though, worth trying on ebay if you want some cash for your bikes, lol

A mint built example could fetch over £500 and NIB pushing £2000. ;)

well, I have the clear plastic 'A' parts which seem to fetch anything up to £36 on its own. I also have the roll cage, front bumper, suspenstion etc...

might be at least a decent set of suspension forks worth - or a holiday...

Back