mark 2 san andie..

well if some one could help me out with a free pair of decent triples heheheheheh (or a swap for my spare bike) that would be great.the spare is getting a new front wheel and mythos tyres with kona flattie pedals so if any one is interested in a swap let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,871
gibbleking":vxk0kz9t said:
well if some one could help me out with a free pair of decent triples heheheheheh .

sadlt not, but don't only look at triples - a nice set fo old Z1s or something would eb better in my opinion. also, unless you run a longer fork and a lot of sag I'd look at sliding the front shock mount further forward, 'cause it looks like the BB's pretty high, and the angles quite steep. (personal preference though - but that's how I'd like it...)

Nice bike - I'm jealous

San An

No bike is ever finished! Deserves about £1500 spending on some top kit :D do it a bit at a time? My local LBS has some nice Fox Floats 140mm in at £175 as new etc., I would lose all the colours in favour of Black and the triple clamps, or stick with one colour, red would be fave, Red Wildgrippers, grips and just a few Ano fastners to high light things. The frame deserves some lighter modern kit, Those bars look positively humungus! The seat post looks dangerously close to the shock too?
I have two pairs of decent risers going spare if you want to buy something nice? A set of Lite Bikes and a nice set of Ea 70's to match the post?
Needs Discs too! the speed those beauties can achieve will fry those blocks in one run and the rims would last maybe a couple of outings at most on our gritstone soils.

LongboardSi":35kzwzj3 said:
gibbleking":35kzwzj3 said:
well if some one could help me out with a free pair of decent triples heheheheheh .

sadlt not, but don't only look at triples - a nice set fo old Z1s or something would eb better in my opinion.

Agreed. Not sure why the need for dual crown fork, they look great with a decent single crown unit and regardless of dual or single crown, it deserves a nicer fork than the one on it. No offence meant, just that those frames are lovely!

as a follow up i have now adjusted the rear end so the head angle is slacker...the ustargrips are now red (cheers lbs) and i would have fitted the zooms off me spare bike but they dont fit ..steerer tube is too short .....grrrrr....anyhoos the flatties have showed up for the spare bike(black exustar jobbies)and will be fitting those once its stopped flooding out back.will then be putting second bike up for sale to raise cash for decent forks.(cos me is broke).ps the rear shock has now moved away from the seat post far enough.........for what its worth although the forks are cheapies they are very stiff with nice smooth travel......(i do want to get rid of em tho...hate cheap stuff ...i come out in a rash when i touch things that cost less than a small car)

Latest posts

Back