58cm Peugeot road bike - Karma *Taken*

russ77

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Thank you all for the interest. I'll be dropping this off with its new owner next week if everything works out. Cheers, T..

Would anyone stretch to the cost of postage for this or collect for nada? I really need the space. Trying to make room for kids' toys...

I'm selling my well-used Peugeot road bike. Can't see a model number on this I'm afraid. I inherited it from a relative and used it for getting to lectures at university and commuting for a while. I recently decided to get it back on the road and spent many a happy evening cleaning and re-greasing everything before concluding it has always been too big for me and my short legs. I've got the front mech somewhere (a Huret one from memory) and I'll try to find it before the bike is sold. The left hand crank is an old steel one that doesnt match the rather lovely drive side one. Spec and measurements below. I'll be keeping the saddle and pedals. Would fit someone roughly six foot tall upwards, with longer pins than mine.

Centre to top of top tube 60cm
Top tube 58cm
Head tube 165mm
Label reads "Tube Special, Carbolite 103"

Brand new Tifosi headset
Front wheel : Campagnolo hub with Mavic G40 rim. Very rusty spokes. New cheapo Michelin tyre
Rear wheel: Sachs hub with Alesa rim, 5 speed cassette. New cheapo Michelin tyre
Brakes: Shimano SLR aero levers, Weinmann Type 600 callipers, Koolstop pads and brand new cables
Gears: Twin downtube shifters, Suntour Cyclone rear mech, Huret front mech (currently missing)
Crank: Shimano Gold Arrow crank with non-matching 100GS left hand arm, alloy rings. Re-packed the bottom bracket recently but it's till a bit grindy grindy

Ideally you'd come and get this from my house near Reading and give me £40 cash. Failing that I could try getting it on a train to work and we could meet up early in London one day.

A few photos here: http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/t ... s/Peugeot/
DSC_4901.jpg

Re: 58cm Peugeot road bike

Still got this in my shed, taking up room. Help me out here. I'm open to offers...

Back