Xizang project

hey guys
thanks for the comments - im glad you like her!
i know its not the 'purest' GT build ever but i wanted something a bit different to the original build of shimano/syncros/rockshox.

the pedals are Primo (BMX parts company) race pedals from a few years ago. theyve got sealed bearings and seem pretty light compared to V12's etc. theyve been on pretty much all my bikes but they got the belgom treatment the other day to make em shine.
BC

I've got a question about these Clockworks... how did they have the brake in the back of the fork brake before V-brakes were invented?

No. The Orange forks only did that post Vee and only for a few years. Pace did it on the RC35 back in '91, it used a cannondale style rocker to operate canti's 'round the back' .

ameybrook":1ocn3lkm said:
I've got a question about these Clockworks... how did they have the brake in the back of the fork brake before V-brakes were invented?

Not as far as I am aware, I was over there frequently then and never saw them in Mass.

Shame for you guy's, nice bikes.

P.S. I have a 1 1/8" x 125mm Velocity in champagne if you want it.

Yeah I have the same... I wanted a black one, but its cool 'cause I got a black Syncros one off ebay. I have alot of old Kona stuff, but none of its usable. That Velocity stem is ok, but the stickers have worn off. I have one black Kona brake lever with the drilled hole for the Dr. Dew levers and a bent Kona handlebar.

stevet1":2a3goxzu said:
Hells bells thats nice, even if it is a singlespeed! :D

Fo' sho'.. GTs have such tidy lines.. That frame looks sweet as.. When is it hittin the dirt? ;)

Back