Disc Drives

Disk Drives

Had a Sugino clear one once (sold it with a recumbent trike- another story...).
Great sound, cool as f*ck. That's why people love 'em. Everyone knows when you're behind them when you ride a disk.
Downside is cleaning the suckers and the clear disk reinforcement undr the hub delaminating....

I still want one. Why Because it is cooler than the quality, price and all the rest.
It just got a mega cool retro factor.

Woohoo! I have one!! [from Jez].. Clear Pro version.. I haven't laid my hands on it yet so my Mum is probably using it to serve tea on or something :?

anyone else heard about the shop in sweden that binned a load of them... or the caratti sport employees using them as frizbees & selling them off @ £50ea (new) to employees.

scant":3vqc39wp said:
anyone else heard about the shop in sweden that binned a load of them... or the caratti sport employees using them as frizbees & selling them off @ £50ea (new) to employees.

It was £50 built ;)

John":3stzyee4 said:
scant":3stzyee4 said:

It was £50 built ;)

was it? I forget time flies, I sold mine & made a nice profit ;)

I've got one, too. Lurking in the garage with a white dart magic on it - waiting to be paired up with the spinergy on the older Yeti.

Something I just had to own ... not sure if I dare ride it though!

Those of you who say they're a bugger to clean: any tips?

long thin handled brush to clean inside them, but steer clean of strong detergents as yet again they'll kill the disk. tomacs mechanic recommended bathroom sealant to hold the "spoke" protector onto the disk.

So the consensus is that it's a heart irem not a head item :LOL:

May still have it if the price is right or invest it in a better pair of 'traditional' wheels.

Stick Legs":12chl87t said:
So the consensus is that it's a heart irem not a head item :LOL:

May still have it if the price is right or invest it in a better pair of 'traditional' wheels.

I'll probs be selling some M950 xtr, dt double butted on mavic 517 ceramics soon for £120 complete if you're interested.

Back