The RB Official MTB Cycling Book Review Thread

@ giom6.
I read this on Kindle, but I'm sure it will also be available in "Tree Book" form. There is also a National Geographic DVD available. Although interesting I found the book a lot more detailed as Rob was doing the filming himself whilst cycling

I'm a bit old school with books so if they have it in tree-form that would be excellent.

Have you read the Mark Beaumont book?

No, I haven't read Mark Beaumont yet. But it's definitely on my to do list. Mark is a bit of a local lad and hero around these parts and some of my friends know his family. I was lucky enough to attend his seminar in Dunkeld last year and I can honestly say he is really down to earth and likeable.
Another book you might like is "Dividing the Great" by John Metcalfe. It's about two British lads who tackle America's premier mountain bike route. The Continental Divide which stretches from Canada to Mexico. A high level route stretching about 2500 miles. Again like Rob Lilwall this journey was tackled on a budget.
Slightly of subject now, but I'm currently reading "The Long and Whining Road". It's about a A family of 5 from Liverpool who are traveling around the world in an old VW camper van whilst raising money for charity by busking songs by the Beatles.
I seem to be attracted to books written by crazy people!!!

THE published retro bike book over in the UK just has to be the Tim Gould/Simon Burney - Mountain Bike Racing. it was a training bible for a few years.

As for mountain biking it was not any rider or cycle brands that caught my interest, it was Rob Van der Plas. Rob van der Plas wrote The Mountain Bike Book in the early 1980s, - maybe not yours, but for me the MTB bible

51nENWC4tkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I treated myself to that book too. I ordered it the week before Christmas and it came today. Pretty good going, because they're printed to order, and shipped from Eindhoven.

It's a great coffee table book, with nice photos and cool info. It might cause me to search out some bikes I'd not thought of before though...

Congrats on the book Mike.

Cheers,
Pat

Fat Tire Flyer is a very good read.
I'm quite a fan of made in England.
There is quite a nice looking book out now called the Bicycle Artisans.

Back