1995 Kona Cindercone

Plus one":300l2v6w said:
Used regular as my cafe run steed :)

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Just got to this thread. Your Kona looks classic and very nice. The gold fork/stem colour is beautiful on that frame. Pics never do the blue/green of the cindercone justice, but having the same frame I can picture it perfectly.

I live in Guernsey where powdercoating for a frame and fork is £100, and postage to and from the mainland would be £60, so though I'm tempted by a respray I haven't justified it to myself yet...but everytime I see these threads I get a bit closer!

Of all my retro bikes the Kona rides the best. I'd love a go on an expolsif or Kilauaea to see if there's any discernible difference.

rollodes":25xeqr28 said:
Plus one":25xeqr28 said:
Used regular as my cafe run steed :)

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Just got to this thread. Your Kona looks classic and very nice. The gold fork/stem colour is beautiful on that frame. Pics never do the blue/green of the cindercone justice, but having the same frame I can picture it perfectly.

I live in Guernsey where powdercoating for a frame and fork is £100, and postage to and from the mainland would be £60, so though I'm tempted by a respray I haven't justified it to myself yet...but everytime I see these threads I get a bit closer!

Of all my retro bikes the Kona rides the best. I'd love a go on an expolsif or Kilauaea to see if there's any discernible difference.

Yes the forks/stem turned out really well and a bargain at £30 I paid to have them painted .. You thought of having paint instead ??

The turquoise is indeed beautiful !!! I was fortunate to have owned a 99 explosif very recently but was sold on as I was knee deep in bikes :(

It was a cracking ride too and it was a shade more compliant than the cindercone but for me the kona geometry makes the biggest difference in that they are a joy to ride..

Hope you get yours done would love to see the results :)

Col :cool:

Still one of my best riding bikes..........thin, pingy steel with a perfectly complementary fork.......I'm no geometry expert, but they got it right when they designed the early to mid nineties konas.......I am looking at mine now, and I want to go out an ride it now!.......

feetabix":3nh6nbok said:
Still one of my best riding bikes..........thin, pingy steel with a perfectly complementary fork.......I'm no geometry expert, but they got it right when they designed the early to mid nineties konas.......I am looking at mine now, and I want to go out an ride it now!.......

Agreed :cool:

Kona had it nailed indeed :D

Back