High priest required

Out_dawes 531

Retro Newbie
:cry:

Well I did not expect my first posting to be seeking some sort of absolution, but having been an avid visitor for quite a few years now; May I present a posthumous entry for my old, not very expensive or perhaps even classic, roadie. Destroyed Monday by TFLs/Southwarks incompetent road maintenance.

pics in gallery.

----POT-HOLED MONDAY-----
Not born to London's streets, An early E'Bay feat,
No gentle touring game, those wheels this city shamed,
For many years the name of "Dawes" was carried, its namesake "Stratos" parried.

But Monday as the roads did swelter and potholes grew still deeper,
All coachwork paint and long of gait, those alloy tubes did meet their fate.
Ever true once more to take their chance, as concrete mixed with wheel and frame,
Then as we fell the reapers bell for 531 was tolled,
With great regret my trusty steed for all those years, did sadly die and fold.

Late 80's too 2008 no regrets.

Sorry about the disaster - but a good framebuilder should be able to replace the tubes. Check Argos Cycles, I think that they even publish a price list.

Nasty tyre skids on the downtube :shock: - I hope it doesn't hurt too badly.

Could pass it off on the 'Bay as 'slight crease in paintwork, not structural damage' or 'custom modified to steepen head angle for city commuting'.

I do hope they are paying for a new one...

The Lord

Worry not!

Pray well my son and the good Lord in his abundant grace shall make your plate full.

Pray harder and the exhalted shining light of the Lord shall illuminate your shed - may it be full of Colnagos, Gios, Cinellis and De Rosa's.

He's doing a Mercedes S-Class in an August special right now :D

Can you feel the POWAAAA?

where was he this morning when i was trying to rebuild an xt rear mech in the rain........oh what did he do with the cable stops on my sannie huh ...huh....gotta spend a fortune getting full length cable outers....ggggrrrrr :twisted:

Back