• Sunday the 24th of August

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

• I'm just being nosey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Once the east/west gauntlet was put down we now start to see the true colours of our east coast brethren ;)

Get your water wings on and we will see you on sat I'm sure :cool:

Attachments

• water-bike-man01 (Large).jpg
    water-bike-man01 (Large).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,232
I should be there :) , be nice if it was dry but i'm on holiday next week so will have plenty of time to clean the bike :LOL:

East Coasters are greatly outnumbered so an East coast win is highly unlikely.

I also have ME which is set off by psychological stress so enough of your jingoistic banter Gazz.

I will be there if I can !

Anyway Stumpy is making a creaking noise I can't track down so I may be there on my lurid geared bike and thus SS might not occur.

Tomorrow is another day, we shall see !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alternatively we could have a handicap race, East ME v West ME, I might win something for a change although as Awaycaboose is on home turf I suspect he has the advantage.

I'll deffinitely try to be there.

Cheers All

The rain is bouncing here, TBH velo I would understand if you didn't make it. Its a long haul to stand about in the rain :(

love the video Kaiser, very cool. Great day out if a bit on the muddy side!

Big up Velo for coming all the way from our nations capital (Edinburgh) and def. a day to repeat.

Got some nice scrapes from my unintentional endo :oops: :oops: looked very spectacular I'm sure. Mind you, that puddle was about 3 ft deep :roll:

Hope you got back no bother J and looking forward to seeing the cannondale next time Kaiser.

Kaiser,

Have you got nothing better to do than post Youtube vids within microseconds of the end of the run, mind you when your bairn shows up you'll have little time for much of anything ;)

That was a great day out, the course exceeded my expectations, surprisingly tight and technical, reminds me of Glenlanrig without the topography but in minature. Also many chances for misshap as demonstrated by both Gazz and Jason(Awaycaboose) who were on home turf. Shame Jasons crank came off on his first TT run, he was likely to have taken the podium place but only 10 seconds slower than Gazz on Gazz's bike :shock:

I think the times were :

Clockworkgazz - 9 min 9 seconds
Awaycaboose - 9 min 19 seconds
Velomaniac - 10 min 33 seconds
Kaiser - 10 min 50 seconds roughly

For those of you unfamiliar with the course it was run first over the red graded loop which has a series of small jumps, dropoffs, logged boardwalks, doubles,mini bombhole like undulations that are really good fun, berms, at least one tabletop and copious quantities of mud and tree roots plus a final steep climb we all cursed our way up or in my case dismounted and ran up. Crossing the road past the start point you hit the blue graded trail which has sweeping fast single track between the trees, small dropoffs, tight switchbacks, a shallow staircase, half submerged logs across the trail and mud. Then you enter the green graded loop which is pretty level but quite dark beneath the canopy of trees and involves mainly tight twisty single track which requires Jedi like reflexes to see through your mud spattered specs and cope with the gloom. Finally you fight your way back up the blue graded return through twisty steep climbs with a fare bit of energy sucking mud back to the start.

I had a stupid grin on my face most of the time between sucking in lungfulls of life giving air. My Stumpy SS added to the adrenalin in that momentum is your friend but can also be your undoing as you over cook an entry into a corner or obstacle, didn't crash though !!!!!

I will be returning to Pollock country park in the near future :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back