Stanton Sherpa

Mindmap3":1r4dietz said:
That's lovely. How are you getting in with it?

Due to having our first baby in September, I'm ring a lot less than I used to so am thinking of selling the Banshee. My rides are much shorter now don't not gettng the best use out of it wad thinking of getting something sensible. At first I was think the new Stanton Switchback but I thubk it may be a bit too aggro and too close to the Slackline so then though a more trail orientated bike like the Sherpa.

Its great, I can get over more stuff on it and with my tire pressures lower due to the tubeless nonsense its very smooth. With a 120mm fork the bikes angles are virtually identical to my Yeti SB66 that it replaced so it feels the same.

The bigger wheels do feel bigger at the front, is bigger and heavier so will take time to get used to, a bit like if your arms grew longer.

The fastest bike I have had was an IF titanium 26 hardtail and it felt like it was pushing me along not me pushing it if that makes sense. My Kona Hei Hei Ti felt the same. The Sherpa feels like this but its steel, I guess its just the big wheels but it feels good.

I have added a 60mm renthal apex stem now and it feels just right but I am going to get wider bars the Fatlites are too short.

Thanks for that.

Part of my problem is that I am still drawn towards drops, jumps and DH type stuff even though I don't really get to ride that sort of stuff at the moment, hence I'm thinking that a trail bike is probably the right thing to do.

Is it quite a playful? How do you rate the X Fusion forks because they are on my list potentially. I guess my main concen is that the 29er will feel a bit dull.

Mindmap3":3mwok7op said:
Thanks for that.

Part of my problem is that I am still drawn towards drops, jumps and DH type stuff even though I don't really get to ride that sort of stuff at the moment, hence I'm thinking that a trail bike is probably the right thing to do.

Is it quite a playful? How do you rate the X Fusion forks because they are on my list potentially. I guess my main concen is that the 29er will feel a bit dull.

It feels like a big 26er no different really, very jumpy and stuff. I haven't had to change my riding style at all it just feels the same, 26 did sometimes feel small to me though, I preferred sticking 2.4 tires on which made my wheels 27 anyway.

The Xfusion forks have been great so far, better than the Fox Float 34s I had for my yeti. They are very plush and just seem to work how you want them to. The axle thing isnt as nice as the foxes and there are a couple of tiny bolts that are a bit silly if you are ham fisted with the allen keys.

Back