difference between a Zaskar and a Zaskar LE

Wow

Ever wonder how all the internet rumors get started....never seen so much "I think" with so few facts. The .de katalog link is there just go look at the catalogs. In fact most of them are posted on this site too you just need to wade through a few hundred pages to find them all.

There is reference to a butted rear end on the LE frame in the 1995 Tech Catalogue, but without a spec for the none LE :?
I'm just going on what I was told in 1994-95 but that's a long time ago. :roll:

It'd also help if I could read German :LOL:

Zaskar

Still doesn't make a lot of sense, as some years they drop the Zaskar altogether, others they have the LE, on its own others just the Zaskar and others all three, including the race version. I have the LE race version in Team replica colours. The guy I bought it from had the original receipt for the frame as it was a frame only option and it was £999.95! It's very light at a smidge over 3 pounds for the bare frame, made from Easton Elite with a lot of CNC work-head tube, bottom bracket and rear drop outs, with a Cnc'd captive seat clamp too.

Re: Wow

gm1230126":2pli0bul said:
Ever wonder how all the internet rumors get started....never seen so much "I think" with so few facts. The .de katalog link is there just go look at the catalogs. In fact most of them are posted on this site too you just need to wade through a few hundred pages to find them all.

It's called conversation...till someone comes along with the definitive 100 percent correct answer. Don't take it as fact, and don't start rumors, and we'll all be fine...in the mean time the thread stays at the top of the 1st page till the right answer comes along or a concensus is reached.

Tone is often mistaken on the internet- I'm not getting an attitude :D

okokok...straight out of the 1996 GT catalog:

+GT Avalanche- $1080- 7005 butted heat-treated aluminum- 14.5,16,18,20- LX,XT,LX,8LX- RS Quadra- Colors(BB,GR)

+GT Avalanche LE- $1525- 7005 butted heat-treated Aluminum- 14.5,16,18,20- LX,XT,LX,8XT- RS Judy XC- Colors (BB,R)

+GT Zaskar- $2165- 6061-T6 butted Aluminum- 14.5,16,18,20- XT,XT,XT,8XT- RS Judy XC- Colors (BB)

+GT Zaskar LE- $3799- 6061-T6 db Aluminum- 14.5,16,18,20- XTR,XTR,XTR,8XTR- RS Judy SL- Colors(BB)

+GT Zaskar LE (Frame only)- $800- 6061 Aluminum- 14.5,16,18,20- Colors(BB,Bl,R)

Now see, with the avalanche, the LE was simply an upgrade in components (colors and decals as well), but with the Zaskar, it was components, colors, decals, and most importantly a difference in frame, using a double butted 6061-t6 frame material.

Hope this helps...as stated this is from the 1996 GT buyer's guide...I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors :D

i think that's also some info people have something about. now i'mgonna see if i can find out if mine is double butted.

thanx

paulvandermoolen":2zvnuw9c said:
i think that's also some info people have something about. now i'mgonna see if i can find out if mine is double butted.

thanx

cool, perhaps somone can put up a pic of the db framed zaskar and the butted frame zaskar to contrast and compare where exactly it is different.

I know this subject has been well discussed, but can't see anything definitive. My brother bought a '94 Zaskar farm only (I just removed the original decals), its made from 6061, has the machined rear drop outs and a built in seat post clamp.

I see some models appear to have removable seat clamps and cable routing on the back of the seat post above then GT logo?

JT

Back