1998 Specialized Rockhopper

thanks for the photo comments! :D

DX v brakes... best vbrakes ever!

mostly because they are red... and say DX on them :D

the bikes running a pretty highly modified 1995 Judy DH at the moment as i was getting a real beating from the rigid fork and dry summer ground..!

but thatll be coming back off in a week or two replaced by the rigids again for winter..

So... the Rockhopper has been off the road for a while to protect it as there where quite a few (down to the metal) chips, scrapes and scratches from over the years...

So last month it went to LSN in castleford to get powder coated..

chose them after seeing the great work they did on Rob's kilauea and having some alloy wheels done there earlier in the year..

they didn't have the exact same colour so i chose the darkest metal flake silver they had...

heres how it looked when it came back from the powder coaters last month..

15858472607_a92a2f0a26_b.jpg

15421974314_b5472a9664_b.jpg

the pics really don't do it justice though... as the metal flake really sparkles in the light and looks lovely!

ordered up some decals too.. and here's some pictures of how it sits currently after applying them..

15856794088_c5150fac2a_b.jpg

16018464646_cf97794ee0_b.jpg

And sometime over christmas i'll be getting busy with the laquer to protect the decals.. might as well do a proper job and see if it lasts another 16 years.. :LOL:

16018464326_a0fe2a7ce7_b.jpg

Re: 1998 Specialized Rockhopper Singlespeed

just to build it back up how it was before the respray..

Singlespeed, Marzzocchi Atom 80's,

Need to get a new Headset first though.. did have an FSA for it but its ended up on the inbred..!

Re: 1998 Specialized Rockhopper Singlespeed

that powder coat is just WOW!!
I think it is better it is not darker cuz this way it goes better with your red/white decals.

How much did you pay for this powder coating job? Did you have to strip old paint off it or did they do it?

Re:

Can't wait to see it re-built, the pain job really is amazing. I fitted an FSA to my rockhopper, a 'The Pig' model. Has been great, taken quite a fair bit of abuse around Gisburn forest et al with zero play!

Re:

the powder coat was £35 including them sand blasting the old paint off..

A proper bargain and a really good job too.. :)

Re: Re:

spacehopper":3chd9ik9 said:
the powder coat was £35 including them sand blasting the old paint off..

A proper bargain and a really good job too.. :)

indeed a bargain! I want to find here, in Seden, a place I could do the same thing with my bike ;)

I want to see that assembled, so get to wrok mate :)

Latest posts

Back