1992 Rocky Mountain Experience

Re: Re:

Wchow16":12c0sgpc said:
Wchow16":12c0sgpc said:
Sorry might be a little too big...
I think your seat tube diameter is 30.4mm
actually could possible that's exactly the size that's required. it should be a 30.4mm syncros seatpost as marked in the close-up with "4" under the bolt, above the Syncros Hammer N Cycle sticker.

$_57.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RockiMtn":2iznmsuy said:
Wchow16":2iznmsuy said:
Wchow16":2iznmsuy said:
Sorry might be a little too big...
I think your seat tube diameter is 30.4mm
actually could possible that's exactly the size that's required. it should be a 30.4mm syncros seatpost as marked in the close-up with "4" under the bolt, above the Syncros Hammer N Cycle sticker.

$_57.JPG

second that... it's a 30.4 in the eBay add... snap it up before I do :xmas-big-grin:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for the heads up RockiMtn! I would love that seatpost...I'm just not excited about the BIN price :(
It's twice what I paid for my other gen 1 syncros posts. I'll ponder bidding on it, but if one of you guys want it, go ahead.

shutter":2jzx5pj0 said:
Nice find! What fork are you going to use? I have the original tange big fork up for sale if you need it... Lots of others too
I found an original threaded fork for it a couple days ago, and its the right size and colour! Thanks anyway!

RockiMtn":2jzx5pj0 said:
ah you finally posted. was wondering when. so is this going to be a stock oe build?
Not fully stock, but it will probably be close. I'll see how it goes together. The frame is far from pristine, so I don't think it's worth putting all my funds into this one.
I may be interested in your AT20 wheelset off your 17" Experience and a couple of the other small parts like headset and Rock Ring...if you are looking to sell/trade them. :D

Well, I missed out on that seat post...I'll probably just use a generic one for now.
But some good news, my fork came in the mail today. :)

Attachments

• 2014-12-23 22.58.04.jpg
    2014-12-23 22.58.04.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 725
  • 2014-12-23 23.10.18.jpg
    2014-12-23 23.10.18.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 727
Re:

i'd prob go for a Kalloy. believe the original is a "Rocky Mountain" branded Kalloy.

i found this on ebay, very "Syncros"-esque in design.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121292249140

$_57.JPG

Done cleaning up the frame and polishing it. The decals are a bit more faded than I would like, but will keep them on for now.
Thanks to RockiMtn, I've got most of the parts to build up the bike, and some original DX/Wolber AT20 wheels!

Attachments

• WolberAT20.jpg
    WolberAT20.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 633
  • 92Experience4.jpg
    92Experience4.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 633
  • 92Experience3.jpg
    92Experience3.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 633
Back