Half time Orange (clockwork) now with pictures...

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Edit...Pictures further down thread...

So I nipped out of the office to get a sandwhich, as i was walking past a charity shop I suddenly felt overwhelmingly compelled to donate £18 to the said establishment.

by way of grattitude they donated me a new bike.

Early 90's rigid clockwork, (similar to this one http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... =clockwork )
full LX,
M231 rims
Gold Orange Ram Rod bars
Ritchy stem
gold Ringle bottle cage (needs straightening a bit)
Panaracer smoke tyre on the rear (unknown slick on the front)

The frames been resprayed a deep blue at some point ...quite nicely done...but with crappy shimano stickers plastered all over it.
The cranks have been sprayed to match...again a decent effort...not a rattle can job)

And on initial investigation the seatpost seems stuck.

Its certainly rough around the edges....But for £18 i'm quite chuffed :)

(pictures to follow when I get home and un pack it from the car)

Well, £18 for a Smoke aint bad......and a free Clockwork with it, bargain! :cool:

(tut.....some people have all the luck :roll: )

oh it came with a sharkfin too...thats 1/3rd the cost of the whole bike there :)

Going on the groupset im guessing its 92/93 ish. Im sure I'll get some further idea off you chaps when I post the pictures.

Wy dont i ever have the luck like you guys do, i was reading a story on MTBR and some geezer found a rare Zaskar in a Dumpster! A clockwork for 18 pounds . . . . Get the F**K in lol

Pics below...

P1000855.jpg

P1000856.jpg

P1000857.jpg

P1000858.jpg

P1000859.jpg

P1000860.jpg

P1000861.jpg

P1000862.jpg

P1000863-1.jpg

Basicly if I remove the stickers it will look pretty good, there are a few scrapes but...meh...£18!!!

Shame the Ram rods have lost a bit of their anodising....ive never actually seen an orange ram rod bar before!

Any clues as to the year (the LX stuff is all M560)...also any idea who made the seat pin QR?

It rides really well, the sadle is a little on the lowside for me (stuck post), but the gear shifts are very slick, although the rear could do with a new cable as it seems somewhat gunged up.

Back