1992 Rocky Mountain Experience

Blizz

Retro Guru
Another project! :D
I've been looking for an Experience for a while, and a couple weeks ago I was lucky to find this one close to home. It's a 20" and has some scratches and corrosion, but no cracks or dents. Some of the decals are in rough shape but with a bit (or a lot) of polishing this frame should look nice!

I got this one as a frame only + BB, so it may take a while to gather all the parts for it. I haven't even checked if the BB is stuck...hopefully not. It should be a fun project!
I have a DX parts kit from another bike I can use, so I think that will be my starting point.

Attachments

• 92Experience2.jpg
    92Experience2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,070
  • 92Experience1.jpg
    92Experience1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 2,069
Re:

Same model and same size as the one I picked up recently! We're on the same hunt then, really look forward to your build decisions!

Wchow16":3n6ju57q said:
And where in Calgary do you keep finding these bikes? :).

Strategic advertising I guess...
Advertising has yet to get me anything noteworthy. :?

This frame I literally found. It was laying next to the garbage bin at the local recycling center. Pure luck! I just happened to be taking out my cardboard recycling that day. An early Christmas present from the retro bike gods. :xmas-big-grin:

Re: Re:

troje":2c57dime said:
Same model and same size as the one I picked up recently! We're on the same hunt then, really look forward to your build decisions!
Very cool! I'm following yours with interest as well.
1st thing will be finding the correct seatpost.

Wchow16, you're right. I'll be on the lookout for a 30.4...anybody got one kicking around?

That is really cool.... Hopefully something like that happens to me one day.

Blizz":pxx6lgk3 said:
Wchow16":pxx6lgk3 said:
And where in Calgary do you keep finding these bikes? :).

Strategic advertising I guess...
Advertising has yet to get me anything noteworthy. :?

This frame I literally found. It was laying next to the garbage bin at the local recycling center. Pure luck! I just happened to be taking out my cardboard recycling that day. An early Christmas present from the retro bike gods. :xmas-big-grin:

Nice find! What fork are you going to use? I have the original tange big fork up for sale if you need it... Lots of others too

Latest posts

Back