Free Gerbils!!

psyclone1976

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I seem to be overrun with gerbils after not sexing them correctly when moving the males to one cage and the females to another. If anyone wants some for free then please let me know.

Collection only (Obviously ) from Reading/Oxford area.

P.S I you own a snake or other gerbil eating pet then please don't reply as I don't really want them to end up as pet food!!

iv'e got two gerbils already and they great whe your trying to sleep at 3am when you hear the burrrr buurrrrr as they start there digging routine then they squek at you as they want to come out of the tank :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: really friendly though straight into my hands them i go to get them out lol :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

They are rather nice pan fried in butter, garlic, chillie, ginger and little turmeric. Serve with sliced grilled tomato and mayo in a tortilla with a nice green salad. Mmmmm delicious!

Dr S":31z1wtnf said:
They are rather nice pan fried in butter, garlic, chillie, ginger and little turmeric. Serve with sliced grilled tomato and mayo in a tortilla with a nice green salad. Mmmmm delicious!

:shock: not much meat on them. You would need a lot to make a good size meat ball :LOL:
Gerbils are more fun alive. I'd love to collect from you. But no space :(
Good luck with finding good homes :D

dr s how could you eat somthng as cool and as friendly as these

Attachments

• DSC00199 (Large).JPG
    DSC00199 (Large).JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,491
  • DSC00201 (Large).JPG
    DSC00201 (Large).JPG
    127 KB · Views: 1,491
  • DSC00202 (Large).JPG
    DSC00202 (Large).JPG
    173 KB · Views: 1,491
  • DSC00203 (Large).JPG
    DSC00203 (Large).JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 1,491
I used to have a pair, ditto the digging in the middle of the night.

Factoid - One died of old age, when I found it there was only about 1/3 rd left - the other one had eaten the rest nyom nyom nyom...

A recipe for fried Guinea Pig

_CUY CHAQTADO_

Fried Guinea Pig (Ayacucho-style)
1 guinea pig, de-haired, gutted, and cleaned
1/2 c. flour
1/4 - 1/2 t. ground cumin
salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 c. oil

Pat dry the skin of the guinea pig and rub in the cumin, salt, and pepper. Preheat oil. Dust the carcass with the flour and place it on its back in the oil, turning to cook both sides. Alternately, the guinea pig can be cut and fried in quarters.

Serve with boiled potato or boiled manioc root, and a salad of cut tomatoes and slivered onions bathed in lime juice and a bit of salt. Have cold beer on hand

actually on a related note I have 100 stick insects also looking for a good home if anyons interested, make interesting 'mini-pets' for young 'uns.

...could just imagine the little guy running around!

Mrs SB had a hamster that died in its food bowl, which is the way I want to go out if it is not in a hot tub at the Playboy Mansion.

How on earth did grown men start talking about small mammals, rather worried now, I do hope we are not going to start discussing other hobbies involving gerbils...

Back