TV. Technological help required!

A hint I’ve read; if you are going to demo a plasma or LCD TV take DVD with live action (like a fast car chase) it will show the weaknesses of video latency as identified in an earlier post. Most shops will use a demo DVD from Pixar (like Finding Nemo and such), because they are digitally generated images with no video latency.

*disclaimer – this is not my field of expertise and am happy to be corrected.

retrobikeguy":3u0ft7mf said:
Sorry - Hijack

so...........................while we are at it about gaming Tv's, what about projectors ??

got a xbox360 and ummin and arrin about getting one, just wondered !, anyone any experience with em ?

My mate uses a 360 set to HD through a current Phillips 42 LCD - looked ok but wasnt impressed.

I bought a Hitachi 42" plasma a couple of years back now and I am running a ps3 and xbox360 through it and the difference between standard def and high def is briiliant in my oppinion.
I had a 32" lcd before and to be quite honest the plasm kicks ass for picture quality. ;)

The plasm does get bloody hot though :shock:

No need for central heating in my front room - I just switch the telly on. :LOL: :LOL:

hamster":wcpwd6o5 said:
Xesh":wcpwd6o5 said:
As an interesting note Samsung make many of the LCD panels for Sony. ;)

Not correct, it's a joint venture. Also Sony have tied up with Sharp in a JV for the next generation.

While the Samsung and Sony panels have the same LCD cell, the backlight is very different as is the signal processing.

This Samsung story is a favourite one with their sales reps.

Also with the sales people in the shop that I bought my Samsung TV from. They're the ones that told me that. And they sell Sony as well.

I can highly recomend both my sets:

42" Plasma non-hi def LG (for watching stuff in bed)

46" LCD true hi-def Samsung (cost me a bomb a year back) for use on my xbox 360 and films...

Despite one being hi-def and the other standard, you cant really tell the difference when watching divx films etc.

Back