does this count?

syncrosfiend

Dirt Disciple
the style is classic and so is the fabrication methods.....but the materials (stainless carved and polished lugs rather than bulky rough edged chromed lugs) and the colors are thoroughly modern......

i wanted the parts kit to reflect that mix of new and old......

i got on the wait list in 2005 and the wait ended being a bit more than 2 years.....

more pics at the link.....

2614504337_a99aea527f_b.jpg

2632271847_9cc1891c33_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7130686@N05/sets/72157605836967142/

http://www.vanillabicycles.com/

I think that's thoroughly in the spirit of retro! A true craft built frame, and old Campag groupset. I like the stem that looks like a quill even though it isn't.

It looks like a pre-2001 Campag? The rear mechs are getting hard to find now.

I like the stem that looks like a quill even though it isn't.

Vanilla

By Jove! Glorious! In many ways!

I wonder what your secret is for the Campag Ergos/non-ergo rear mech/Chris King non-Campag rear hub combo?

You got any shifting issues?

Looks like you and those Vanilla chaps put a lot of work in to that one.

Cheers! :D

It doesn't look like a non-ergo rear mech...around 1996 I think? The round top ergos went through two generations of innards with the different cable pulls per click.

Oh my!

Very nice indeed. I like the treatment of the head lugs, and the stem's lovely.

How do you get on with the combination of track ends and derailleur?

What's the tubing?

Now for the inevitable nitpicking:

Monoplanar brakes, or even more modern dual pivots would suit the look better. Would they reach?

A gentleman's bike should have shiny spokes.

And those scruffy 747s just have to go!

Re: Vanilla

lelobysfoot":1onk3otz said:
I wonder what your secret is for the Campag Ergos/non-ergo rear mech/Chris King non-Campag rear hub combo?
I think I spy a set of red Wheels Manufacturing spacers in there...

hub

Well spotted with that single-eye! I wondered what that was about. Never dealt with them before.

That all takes a bit of time to sort out. It would have been good to see some time taken to buff up the stem.

And I'm with you on the spokes. ACI stainless would have been nice - especially with the stainless lugs on the frame.

Rims; well it would be rude to recommend anything other than a classic pair of sprints but each to their own I suppose. Those things wouldn't be my choice thats for sure.

Back