Trimble Collection

Oh yes, cow print is the way forward, with the bb painted udder pink (there were a whole bunch of waterfords painted like that iirc). That front mech set up above is a tried and tested method, trek used it on all their bikes for a couple of years before top pull, worked quite well as well!

More trimble stuff

trimble1.jpg

trimble2.jpg

trimble3.jpg

looks very similar to an x-frame if you ask me... except for the chainstays...and the fancy putty-work.

my-x-side.jpg

...now which came first?

agrove":1l7zhzls said:
looks very similar to an x-frame if you ask me... except for the chainstays...and the fancy putty-work.

my-x-side.jpg

...now which came first?

Hi Aaron,

With any new double diamond we don't say; Hey, I have seen that before!

I think it is a matter of evolution, not copying.

Melvin

i didnt mean anything of copying... just was wondering which had come first in that style bike... ive also seen a few others closely styled. just cause i am his son, doesnt mean im biased on everything.

plus as ive realized, that frame was made of carbon fiber...

some more...

Attachments

• Trimble 1.jpg
    Trimble 1.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 4,776
  • trimble 2.jpg
    trimble 2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 4,776
  • trimble 3.jpg
    trimble 3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 4,776
  • trimble 4.jpg
    trimble 4.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 4,776
agrove":w91kjik5 said:
i didnt mean anything of copying... just was wondering which had come first in that style bike... ive also seen a few others closely styled. just cause i am his son, doesnt mean im biased on everything.

plus as ive realized, that frame was made of carbon fiber...

Aaron, I didn't mean to say you're biased. Don't take this personally. I see it more often that people have the tendency to connect something they don't have seen before to something they do know. Applies to me too of course. It is a human thing.

To answer the question: I had no idea who was earlier. I now checked Purplelizard-Grove and the X was launched in '86. Correct??? According to the www.carbonbicycles.com website the Trimble is introduced in 1989.

- Melvin

yeah, i had asked my father, he said that the x-frame was the first bike to run a single toptube, etc. I know klein made a similar one, as did the trimble.

Back