difference between a Zaskar and a Zaskar LE

I always thought it was a difference in components, but that the Zaskar frames were the same....not sure though.

i know that there are 3 kinds of tubing for Zaskars(including LE's.

*7005 alu
*6061-t6 alu
*Easton tubing

Mine is a 6061-t6. i wanted it to know because i want to polish my frame. and then i have to search for a nice decal set. i think i just gonna buy a regular Zaskar decal set.

thanx for al your reactions

Way back when in the early 90's (Up until 95ish) the main differences were that the LE was hand made in the USA and had a butted rear end instead of the plain gauge of the normal Zaskar.
It could be the same for later years......but I don't know much about the later stuff.
I seem to remember that the LE was a frame only option for a while, but I could be wrong.

Oh the early LE frames were all 6061. ;)

cherrybomb":2vagvg8a said:
Like I said, the LE had a butted rear triangle, the standard Zaskar didn't. ;)

I've only seen that perpetuated here. If you've got some marketing or other such literature from GT to show the difference, then I'd love to see it. Otherwise, I call BS and say thats all hooey! :D

Seriously, The LE is a trim/build distinction. They don't seem to be numbered differently, and to me that's the real indicator that they are the same frames. All true Zaskars that mattered were 6061, all were made in the states, and all that are 6061 and made in the states kick ass, just like their other Tech Shop mates, the Xizang and Psyclone. Zaskars after 1995 or so, with the foolish looking boom tube downtube, need not apply. If your Zaskar is 7005, you bought a later model bike, or a period correct Avalanche with nice decals. :cry:

That ought to stir up Pickle... :D

Well I know my 94 LE did and the standard Zaskar didn't. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Back