MacRetro Rides Calendar 2015 - Join us!

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Welcome to the Macretro 2015 rides calendar

Festive Frolics - Glentress, Saturday 31st January 2015, 11am ---- viewtopic.php?f=29&t=314136

Baltic Bawbags - Dunkeld, Sunday 22nd Feb ---- viewtopic.php?f=29&t=314312

Spring Ride - Angus Glens or Royal Deeside - Sunday 19th April ----- viewtopic.php?f=29&t=319150

Retro Road Ride - Bonar Bridge Sunday 17th May ---- viewtopic.php?f=29&t=316290

Annual Ride - Glentress / Tweed Valley - Sunday 7th June ---- viewtopic.php?f=29&t=324020

The Epic - Aviemore - 17th and 18th July ---- viewtopic.php?f=29&t=322299&p=2412141#p2412141

Festive Frolics 2015 - Venue to be decided - 27th or 28th December 2015 ---- Organiser - keithyr

Special event - Iscot-o-classic - June 2015 --- - viewtopic.php?f=29&t=312272

Re: MacRetro Rides Calendar 2015

Before you all start, I'm well are the upcoming Festive ride is still in 2014!

Secondly, I need to announce the sad news that ZIgzag has stepped down from his role as Area Co-ordinator and that Velo has stepped down as deputy co-ordinator. I'm sure we'd all like to thank them for their hard work and patience over the years.

I've been asked to take over as AEC and Firedfromthecircus has came on board as a daec. We will both be helped by existing daecs gmac and keithyr.

The calendar above is the current plan for the main retro rides of the year. It's smaller than previous years but the behind the scenes team all though it best to concentrate on a smaller number of better attended rides. I know some areas of the country are not covered, but just see this as an opportunity to organise a ride yourself.
After some comments about the area threads, I'll be renaming some and creating a couple more to make it easier to find a ride near you.

The truth is that the site is only as good as the people who use it. It's up to all of us the make it better.

We've also had some recent discussion about cross posting of rides on other sites. Here's my position as AEC.

The main rides are to be retro rides, that's what we are here for. Now I'm as guilty as the rest, I was the first to bring a fat bike to a meet. On the other hand we don't want to turn anyone away, so feel free to bring modern friends along, but if you've a working retro ride you should bring it.

Other rides are up to the organiser. Most of us have modern bikes as well as our retro rides and I personally love the variety we get on some rides.

A number of macretro users are also members of other riding sites and organise rides through them. In these cases I suggest that a link to the ride is placed in the appropriate area group but all attendance details to do with the ride should be done on the originating site in line with it's policies.
Likewise, feel free to bring riders from other groups on our rides but attendance details should be kept on this site. That way if new people are riding with us regularly then they will hopefully start to join in on day to day life on retrobike.

I'm always open to public criticism but if there are any major details you feel need addressing then please PM me or any of the DAECs first.

Thanks for now, Steven.

Looks like a good calendar. ;)

Supplemented with local rides it will give plenty opportunities to get out with the MacRetro clan for a ride.

Central, Lothian and Borders : West Coast : Fife and Tayside : Northern

Thanks to Aaron and Stephen for all their work as AEC/DAEC and hope you both enjoy a more 'relaxed' but still active participation in the future.
cheers.gif

Just bumping this as that is dates up for everything except the late summer epic. For those who need plenty of notice to get passes sorted out hopefully this will help. :D

Re:

Good looking calender, I wish the new team good luck on all their endeavours this year.

I alas, for various work and social commitments, will very probably not be at any of our official events. Thats life though :roll: ;)

jimo746":1mx0f0i2 said:
Is there anything in the calendar for September-November?

Nope, but I'm sure our man in Aberdeen could come up with something ;)

Just don't pick 17th October as I'm moonlighting on another site that weekend, possibye with some other Macfatros.

Oh and make it a Sunday as I work most Saturday's. Apart from that go for it.

Thinking for festive frolics we do something centralish. .....maybe stirling or Perth depending on the weather. Comrie croft might also be an option as more all westher.

Back