The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

Re:

I shall organise another ride for mid January. I have a nice all weather route in mind near to Sheffield.

Re:

Forget mid January. No response anyway...

How about Saturday 31st January or Sunday 1st February.

Most likely start and finish with coffee and bike tinkering at my workshop in Macclesfield.

Thinking of a fairly gentle all weather route which links the canal and disused railway with some of the trails around Bollington, Kerridge and Macclesfield Forest.

Hi guys.
I am in the process of watching a bike related object on Ebay in Lytham......BUT, the seller won't post said object. I live in Essex, so would be about a 10 hour round trip for me!!!!!
I'd like to say what the item is, but I don't want anyone to dive in and grab instead of me!!! It's about the same size as a 26" wheel, but a lot heavier!
If I win, are any of you nice gentleman close enough to collect, pack and post for me??

Re: Re:

drystonepaul":1posbqvj said:
Forget mid January. No response anyway...

How about Saturday 31st January or Sunday 1st February.

Most likely start and finish with coffee and bike tinkering at my workshop in Macclesfield.

Thinking of a fairly gentle all weather route which links the canal and disused railway with some of the trails around Bollington, Kerridge and Macclesfield Forest.

Away that weekend :facepalm: , but it would be nice to get a ride in during Feb sometime?

I up for either last weekend in Jan or mid Feb, would be quite happy to do the rerun from your workshop last time Paul?, Martin how about trough of bowland? anything good around that area save you coming south !

bhill22":sxb6fqt1 said:
Martin how about trough of bowland? anything good around that area save you coming south !

Careful Colin - I let Martin take me up the Trough once, had trouble walking right for days afterwards.

elPedro666":9rjr2d5r said:
Careful Colin - I let Martin take me up the Trough once, had trouble walking right for days afterwards.

Might just be me, but that reads wrong on many levels in my mind.

Re:

Right. Much talk but no action.

As such I will organise a ride for Sunday 8th March.
It will start from my workshop in Macclesfield and take in the route I described a few posts ago.

Any objections?

Back