show us your ride thread!!!

0Feu1k3.jpg

Hopefully the beautiful Dartmoor scenery will offset the fact that I'm riding a modern bike and my frankly hilarious expression. (In my defense I can't find a retro bike that fits, it was hot, I'd run out of water, and I'd just set a PR up a horrible technical ascent despite having been off the bike for a month).

Went out in East Hill which is a really small woods outside of Honiton last night. Place drains terribly but is the nearest place offroad I can ride from my house, and I'd rather be on the bike than driving to get a ride in.

I'm going to try and see what other Bridleways are nearby, and get a decent 7-8 loop in with as little road as possible. Then I will organise a ride in 2015 if people don't mind a short one?

Excuse the rubbish camera photos. Rear light as I cycled on the road a few miles there and back.

Re: Honiton area

Couldn't see East Hill on the OS map (there's one near Sidmouth) but how about the woods to the west of Offwell? Look interesting, with a bridleway through the middle & tracks off.
I took the Axis out on WC on Monday as it was the only dirty bike in the fleet. Wonder if this fungi is edible (didn't try it).
Now running Deore thumbies & SS7's instead of the XT sti on an 8 speed block. Reckon they shift better on 8 sp than they do on 7 as you don't have the annoying bit of spare lever travel. Got the Lava Dome on same set-up now too.
Will be up for your ride in Jan!

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    319.9 KB · Views: 8,343
Re:

There's pokey woods near sidmouth I might try but that's a drive to ride distance on a mountain bike.

East hill is outside ottery st Mary just down from the hare and hounds pub if you know it.

Not sure about the woods near offwell. Not sure I know where you mean but have a OS map now so will look.

How is WC at the mo? Bet its as dry as anywhere else

Re:

Offwell woods looks good on a map. Never really noticed it before. Will report back...

Re: Offwell

I know of a rocky unclassified road there that I used to ride on the (motor) trail bike. Exits onto tarmac road not far from the recycling ctre. Good luck researching the area.
WC is riding pretty well, some wet bits obviously but it comes off the bike easily, not like the stuff all over your machine!

Back