1995 Rocky Mountain "the Edge"

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Just when I thought enough was enough, I negotiated yet another pick-up. :roll: Got this delivered today at work, and couldn't resist opening it up to have a gander! :D

Not the 1993 steel front triangle I've been searching for, but it will do… for now. :twisted:

Paint is a little worse for wear than I would like, this may be stripped and repainted sometime in the future, along with a few other projects. :roll: Fairly sure this should have had a seat tube with slanted top, guessing it got cut straight as those angled seat clamp binders wasn't the best design idea. :p

Came with a Risse shock, as well as two spare stock shocks and a titanium spring.

Attachments

• DSC05956.JPG
    DSC05956.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,780
  • DSC05954.JPG
    DSC05954.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,781
  • DSC05955.JPG
    DSC05955.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 1,781
  • DSC05952.JPG
    DSC05952.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,781
I was all prepared to build this up this past long w/e, but I've run into a problem with the frame. :(

This is what I had pulled together to hang on to this project. The most complete assembly of full XTR m900 for a bike for me, STI, canti brakes, headset, bb, crank/rings, f/r mech, and hubs/cassette/QRs laced to Mavic 231. only two items missing would have been an XTR seatpost (replaced with Syncros Ti), chain and a XTR QR seatbinder (not needed on this frame). The rest consisted of an Amp F3 XC fork (of course!), Syncros stem, bar and Ti seatpost, and I thought I finally found an appropriate place to use my red/brown Ritchey Zmax tyres.

I'm hoping I can sort on the issue with the frame and that this won't be the last update on this build thread. :(

Attachments

• DSC05960.JPG
    DSC05960.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 1,670
What's the frame problem?

You can always roll those wheels over to me ;) I've been half-assed looking for a nice set to go on my Zaskar LE build.

the Edge has been returned! had to put a collar on the bottom of the headtube, and to even things out in the way it looks, a second one was installed on the top. thanks goes out to megaguy for addressing the problem and doing the work.

Attachments

• collared.jpg
    collared.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,507
  • collar2.jpg
    collar2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,507
  • collar1.jpg
    collar1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,507
  • DSC05962.JPG
    DSC05962.JPG