• Sunday the 24th of August

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

• I'm just being nosey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guy's, just back from today's ride with Gazz and the whole route comes out at a whopping....wait for it....1.85 miles! In all honesty it is a fun wee ride though and the shortness should make for quick lap times. See you all on the 9th and Gazz, don't forget the brake boosters. ;)

Weather forcast so far looks good, would be good to get a heads up on who is coming?

Me and "Away Caboose" will be there, any more for any more?

Anyone need directions getting to the park? Good to meet at the car park just outside the Burrell Collection?

See you all Sat. :cool:

Good to go :D

Clockwork gazz
Awaycaboose
Kaiser c'dale single speed

BTW what's a burrel anyway

Mr Burrell was a wealthy industrialist with a habit of collecting expensive art- left it all to the city and has succeded in gaining immortality (at least for the time being :LOL: ). If you like your art it is a great collection, if you don't it is a trifle dull. Will be on the kona Sat. no bling for me just some heavy steel ;)

If you like your art it is a great collection, if you don't it is a trifle dull.

I'd go so far to say that even if you like your art it's a trifle dull :LOL: . See you all Saturday. I shall be wimping out with gears and sussy forks, I'll leave last Sunday's mud on for some drag though. :)

Cant see a reason why I will not be there !

Possibly be on Single Speeded Stumpjumper, its an all or nothing steed, perfect for TT.

Probably taking the train and head down NCN 7 from central Glasgow.

Have not been to the Burrell collection since I was a kid, and I plan to keep it that way ;)

See you saturday :D

Oooooooh!!!!!!!!! the first macretro, east meets west, national single speed time trial champs.

BTW WHOOOOOOO mentioned the weather

Hopefully weather will keep other riders off the course and thus a clear TT run :D :D :D

At least 4 of us have SS bikes, now that would be a fair comparison of our speed and XC talent in a TT.

Better dig out the waterproof socks etc

Cheers

Oh dear I may have found a reason I will not be there !

The weather seems to be causing travel chaos over here in the east with countless flooded roads, diverted traffic, traffic light failures, cancelled and reduced train services. Plus there is no let up into the forseeable future which means getting to the west may be difficult and unpleasant.

Practical upshot is if I'm there, I'm there and if I'm not, I'm not. Do not wait for me in case I fail to show.

Cheers

Back