91 Clockwork project

mik0312

Dirt Disciple
I'm re-building my trusty Clockwork, purchased new in 1991 and much loved and abused for many a year, but alas gathering dust lately due to modern bikes.

It was re-stickered (as you will see from the pre bead blast pics) sometime mid 90's and the panier lugs were removed early in its life in a frenzied weight saving session - its off for a powder coating tomorrow but here she is pre-blast...................

pre-powder1.jpg

pre-powder4.jpg

pre-powder7.jpg

You just can't junk Clockworks, this will be with me forever :D

Loved your re-build Stick Legs - It looks stunning now. I remember (much to my then Girlfriend / now wife's horror) repeatedly draging her back and forth to my Orange dealer due to my inability to choose between Black or Orange and White.

My project is not sticking to any hard and fast rules - I've got a bunch of period bits I've purchased over the years to fit but also love my XT rapid fire shifters of late 90's vintage that may well find their way on - we will have to see what happens :D

Thanks.
My idea with mine was to build the bike I would have bought cash unlimited when I was 15 (1992 - 1993). I even found a bit of A4 with a spec list on it from then, a bored GCSE student classic! :LOL:

Good luck and look forward to seeing the finished article.

BTW the type face of the older sickers is Times New Roman as per Word.

Arrrgggh, all you guys with your Clockworks!

When I was a teenager I had the opportunity to buy an all-black Clockwork with DX groupset and the one-piece bar and stem combo, the price was great but as a poor student I didn't have enough cash to spare, probably one of the only bikes I've ever regretted not buying......oh and the Aqua Harlequin Yo Eddy but that's another story :D

Stu

That's going to be lovely. Still wish my '91 had come in orange/white (and I'm still waiting to sort out the awful bar/stem!):

orb.jpg

Stick Legs":psvnpl8t said:
My idea with mine was to build the bike I would have bought cash unlimited when I was 15 (1992 - 1993).

Ah mate, that's exactly what I did with the Bont and what I'm doing with my GT Psyclone!! It's so cool eh just going crazy and being able to afford* it all!! :D

Can't wait to get my hands on my Dad's **unused!** C16-R!!

* Off to Sperm and Blood Banks this arvi :shock:

Stickers have come through from Orange :D I have to say Orange were ridiculously helpful. The first set of stickers went missing so they re-sent them - today I got a call from Rachel in sales just to check the second set had arrived and that I was happy with them!

stickers2.jpg

Unfortunatly they couldn't do any period down tube ones so I've had some made

stickers3.jpg

I managed to save the original old Tange Infinity decal

tange.jpg

It should clean up ok

Back