Marin Eldridge 1991 ?

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Here is my next project,

Marin Eldridge possibly a 91 ( unsure ) All looks original apart from saddle.

Its got a Mix of LX & DX troughout with Wolber rims and the original Marin Rock Star tyres.

Will give it some elbow grease and some TLC and should be a top ride.

Any info on this model will be greatly appreciated as usual :cool:

Im not sure of the forks & stem in Black was this the colour for this model ? I know the bear valley was Black & Grey as I so wanted one BITD :LOL:

Cheers

Attachments

• August 2008 048.jpg
    August 2008 048.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,235
The stem and fork should match the lettering. I agree it looks like a 91; as 1990 ones had all the lettering in white.

Cheers Hamster, Thats what I thought, Red stem and forks would certainly look more suited. The bike is all original even cables look original as they are the braided type that you dont see any more.

Forks have some chips but no sign of a different colour underneath

Very nice. My first proper bike was a 91 grey and Fluro yellow palisades so anything from Marin in this era is cool. Such a simple look with the block lettering and the basic colours that identified each model in the range but IMO looks great. (still remember them now.. green yellow white red orange purple black :cool: )

handlebars should be red too. fantastic bike, had one until a few years ago, when i sold it to fund my pace habit

Seatpost was black, and the saddle was an enormous all black marin branded sofa (might have one in the shed)

the red is a fire engine red with a bit of orange sort of colour

Cheers :cool:

Needs a bit of clean and polish but will be worth it, Yea the shifters are Deore DX sti with the old 2 finger alloy SLR levers.

Back