Alpinestars Ti-Mega

A Star

Sheesh - that was a long time coming - but worth it! I trust I'm still the next potential owner.... ;-)

Bringing it to the Peaks for a thrash??

Mr K

scant":2dlu0fcy said:
flyingwelshman":2dlu0fcy said:
Nice to see an old Ti Mega being used. I still intend putting mine back to the same spec as when I rode it in the 1991 worlds. I gave my spare Ti Mega to my dad at the end of 1992 which is still in his ownership and not riden since the day I gave it him.

If anyone knows where I could get frame transfers copied I think I have spare sets kicking around from 91 and 92.

any pics of it Tim?

When I have put it back to 1991 worlds spec I will post a photo - don't hold your breath though as spare time is at a premium at the moment - work, two boys under five and a twinshock MX bike to maintain ......... also my wife likes to see me too.

flyingwelshman":23dxwj1h said:
scant":23dxwj1h said:
flyingwelshman":23dxwj1h said:
Nice to see an old Ti Mega being used. I still intend putting mine back to the same spec as when I rode it in the 1991 worlds. I gave my spare Ti Mega to my dad at the end of 1992 which is still in his ownership and not riden since the day I gave it him.

If anyone knows where I could get frame transfers copied I think I have spare sets kicking around from 91 and 92.

any pics of it Tim?

no probs & looking forward to it :) would love to see a pic with the ti fork on there as well please :)

When I have put it back to 1991 worlds spec I will post a photo - don't hold your breath though as spare time is at a premium at the moment - work, two boys under five and a twinshock MX bike to maintain ......... also my wife likes to see me too.

Re: .

scant":46i157vq said:
mrkawasaki":46i157vq said:

we all know that pic, I want to see it with the ti rigids on. they're pretty rare :)

I have been thinking about this and I do not remember racing with the TI forks very often- exceptions maybe a race I did at Alexander Palace and I also recall doing an Italian Cup race in San Marino where it rained and we went from mud to a gravel track and my front wheel got clogged up as the TI forks had VERY little clearance - designed by someone who did not understand europoean conditions :roll: My 1991 bike has gold coloured rock shocks on at the moment, but my worlds spec was accutrax forks with a massive disc brake on the front. I think I was one of the very first people to race with a disc brake in XC. I do however have a pair of TI forks ...... I think ................. will check over the weekend.

Back