Alpinestars Ti-Mega

It was worth the effort Si, even if we had to put up with you smelling of Autosol for the last 2 weeks :LOL:

Simod":qrij72s5 said:
[

Seems to ride fine. These came with the straight Alpinestars aluminium fork as standard, which talking from experience, is even harsher than the Pepperoni. I have got a set of the Alpinestars but the steerer wasn't long enough. :cry: A titanium fork was offered as an option but i have never seen one of these. Maybe our resident Alpinestars ex-pro can shed some light on this - Flyingwelshman, what's your comments?
As for steel, well Alpinestars never intended this and then there is the problem of finding one - sadly you have got to go with what you can find with 1 1/4".

tims still got a 1.25 alpinestars ti fork. ashok also has one that I saw for sale a few years ago on yetifan.com.
http://www.kalimotxo.com/mtb/parts_forks_titanium.html
1/2 way down the page on the far left.

nice build :) i've got a 1.25 judy ahead steerer that might fit if you ever decide to fit suspension fork.

Nice build Simod. Really nice - decals won't be easy to reporoduce though but if you need images drop me a line!

Inigo Montoya":u9nxhrxu said:
strange shifter combo :)
whats it about?

A pretty common solution, actually. I like the twisties in the front too. To me the most logical front shifter style, regardless of how you're shifting in the back. :D :cool:

Well the 'Mega' had it's first race outing at the 24/12 at Newnham the other weekend - Heathy and i did a 12 hours pairs.

I couldn't believe the interest in the paddock before hand :shock: and the encouragement while out on the course was superb especially at the DJ tent! - thanks to everyone who commented. There were a lot of people who knew about Retrobike which is brilliant news! :D

The 'Mega' performed flawlessly - fast on the climbs, swooping in the singletrack and a bit of a handfull on the decents - just how i remember these bikes! :D

Many thanks to Heathy for an enjoyable event - I think we managed to keep each others spirits up and a cheeseburger at 1am has never tasted so good! :LOL:

Attachments

• Ti-Mega 24_12.jpg
    Ti-Mega 24_12.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 994
Nice to see an old Ti Mega being used. I still intend putting mine back to the same spec as when I rode it in the 1991 worlds. I gave my spare Ti Mega to my dad at the end of 1992 which is still in his ownership and not riden since the day I gave it him.

If anyone knows where I could get frame transfers copied I think I have spare sets kicking around from 91 and 92.

flyingwelshman":1j8gq22i said:
Nice to see an old Ti Mega being used. I still intend putting mine back to the same spec as when I rode it in the 1991 worlds. I gave my spare Ti Mega to my dad at the end of 1992 which is still in his ownership and not riden since the day I gave it him.

If anyone knows where I could get frame transfers copied I think I have spare sets kicking around from 91 and 92.

any pics of it Tim?

Back