Peaks Ride 2008 Accommodation - NEW INFORMATION!

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
My suggestion is that we commandeer the Woodbine Cafe in Hope for the weekend ride - it sleeps 19 people in total with a variety of accommodation to suit, is perfectly situated for our riding needs and has the best cafe bar none in the area.

http://www.woodbine-hope.co.uk/our_accommodation.html

Map: http://www.woodbine-hope.co.uk/siteinfo ... ind_us.pdf

It is very cheap at £30 pounds per person per night - however, I am advised that few places take single night bookings in the area, so we are obliged to pay for two nights even if some of us don't use the facilities. Maybe those travelling from afar wishing to arrive on the Friday, like Gus last year for example, will prefer two nights anyway; or maybe you will want your room later on Sunday to clean up after a second ride..?

Can I have a show of commitment(via PM) to this option (or not) to assess whether I should reserve some or all of the rooms - as they are currently vacant (as of Friday).

I will PM all those that expressed an interest in the initial event thread too.

Capt K

Accommodation ACTION PLEASE!

Right - been to the Woodbine Cafe today (Sunday) and met the lovely lady owner. She, unasked, has 'reserved' the whole gaff (sleeps 19) and awaits our decision.

I need to get back to her by lunchtime tomorrow otherwise it goes back on the free market.

You can choose from the following accommodation:

2 x twin rooms shared facilities
1 x triple en suite - probably suit the Pickle family?
2 x twins en suite
3 x doubles en suite

Capt K and his good lady have bagged a double en suite outside this listing.

Those that are expressing commitment at this time - can they confirm to me by PM what facilities they require before booking direct tomorrow - I will give the owner a summary and then you can book direct.

NB We have to book for two nights minimum - but it's still cheap (and you can bag a decent breakfast when you arrive on Saturday morning)...

There is other accommodation available over the road and down the street at two pubs, namely the Woodroffe Arms and the Old Hall - if you prefer to research those directly.

I will do a summary of those who have got back to me via PM over the weekend in a minute or two...

Capt K

Probable Riders

Probable riders list (as at Sunday 24th):

Capt K + 1
Neill
EdEdwards
Chissylou
JV + 2?
Jango
Gonzalez
Stavros
Defiant
Heathy
KleinMad
Pickle
SpeshMike
Sinnett
Old Ned
Retroking Max
mjn
longun
cjax + 1
reanimation
longboard si
gump

Looking good now - subject to cry-offs.....!!!!

Capt K

>Updated Thursday<

Capt K + 1 W/E
Mechanic + 1 DAY
Neill DAY
EdEdwards W/E
Chissylou OUT
JV + 2? W/E
Jango W/E
Wu OUT
Gonzalez DAY
Stavros DAY
Defiant DAY
Heathy + 1 W/E
Pickle W/E
Sinnett DAY
Old Ned DAY
Retroking Max W/E
Klein Mad C - DAY??
SpeshMike DAY
Nobby DAY
Simon DAY
MJN DAY
LongboardSi DAY

Two - new recruits that I met at the top of Jaggers have thrown their Etto's into the ring.... welcome!

And a third out of the ether... we're on a roll!

Looking to be a healthy turnout (again)... :)

Capt K

Yea, arriving Friday night and staying over, but wont be riding Sunday as I'll be needing to get the troops home ;)

Bookings Update:

Pickle BOOKED DIRECT
Jango BOOKED DIRECT
Mr K and Mrs K BOOKED
Ed/Retroking Max RESERVED

Still available:

A triple room
A double room

Heathy and Klein Mad (Twin) RESERVED elsewhere in Hope

Accommodation opposite at the Woodroffe Arms pub.

Please let me know if you are interested, in fairness to the owner, who would rather let to a single group ie. Retrobike.

Just to confirm, breakfast is available on Saturday morning to those who paid but don't actually sleep under their roof on Friday night....

Capt K

Back