Bryan Warnett track bike info

hey Jon,

Good to hear from you regarding Bryan. Top-Bloke, supportive and very generous to me with his time and frames back in the day, and as you would have read, I've never forgotten that. If you ever do end up making a film as suggested, I would be more than happy to provide as much info as you need (if i can - I have quite a few pictures floating around).

Yes, I sincerely hope that they did assist young riders Jon in the same way that Bryan's donations assisted me in my younger years. As you would read above (and I know its nothing to do with me, so I shouldn't really comment but ...) I was initially saddened that these bikes ended up where they might be of financial value to someone, that wasn't my intention by gifting them etc but that's the breaks I guess. Perhaps you should ask for it to be 'donated back' Jon ? Now that would make a good story for you and keep this machine in the family !! Remember this machine rode with a rider in great Britain colors to !

Anyway, drop me a note if I can help, good luck and when I am back in Cardiff I'll be knocking on Bryan's door to wish him well.

Welshkiwi

I had someone spot my bike and he too has a Warnett but this time a tourer specifically built for him, he sees bryan and his wife often in the park and Bryan reacts well on seeing any of his bikes. I made it quite clear that he needs to sit them both down and record as much as possible any info, he too had realised what Bryan had acheived. A film project would be interesting, I'd just like to make it quite clear I buy to ride not ''investments''

An interesting twist to this, I think I may have the road frame that was made for WelshKiwi. It is in a very sorry state, and I am wondering if it can be resurrected.
G3E1QPyl.jpg

qWHSdvLl.jpg

TIV0Mm7l.jpg

billybach":20fgtqmn said:
An interesting twist to this, I think I may have the road frame that was made for WelshKiwi. It is in a very sorry state, and I am wondering if it can be resurrected.
G3E1QPyl.jpg

qWHSdvLl.jpg

TIV0Mm7l.jpg
So long as the tubes haven't corroded internally and the tubes are all straight etc. then virtually anything can be resurrected! You just need the right person to do it. With a name like yours Little William, I presume you are in Wales. I don't know of anyone in South Wales but Argos are in Bristol and if it's North Wales then possibly C&G in Liverpool?

Keep us posted on your intentions over this, it's a very interesting thread and worth keeping going.

Thanks for the the info, but I don't think this project is for me. It looks like it has been standing in the rain for years. The chrome is all but peeled off the forks.

It measures 56cm c-t.

here is a link to are some more pics, sorry I cannot seem to embed an imgur album.

http://imgur.com/a/liQ7I#0

billybach":8ukjg5pz said:
Thanks for the the info, but I don't think this project is for me. It looks like it has been standing in the rain for years. The chrome is all but peeled off the forks.

It measures 56cm c-t.

here is a link to are some more pics, sorry I cannot seem to embed an imgur album.

http://imgur.com/a/liQ7I#0

I've seen worse and forks could possibly be re-chromed?

PM me if you're thinking of parting with it.

Ddiolch yn fawr.

I too would be keen to take on this bike, it would partner my other bike and ermm I did pm him for the sizes and pics Ned.

Although the bike is beautiful, I think it is a size too big for me, I normally ride 53 and a 54cm. Not too mention a daunting project. I think it should go as I am apprehensive about riding such an old bike that I cannot maintain myself and my missus would not appreciate it on the lounge wall as art/history. Its a shame as I live about 200 metres from where it was made and the history alone wants me to keep it. I also have a lovely fixed wheel frame which was hand painted and had no decals or 531 stickers underneath when I carefully removed the paint. I now suspect this to be a Bryan Warnett as well. Should I post the pics of it here or start a new thread? Sorry for the newbie questions but I only joined this board whilst looking for info on Brian Warnett and wanted to post after reading this thread. I was very pleasantly surprised to find out his old workshop is just around the corner to my house.

I'm in Cardiff for a CTC Cymru meeting on the 19th it'd be great to see these bikes as I've been slowly working on a building a list of Bryan's bikes, he seems to have been a well loved and respected frame/bike builder, to ensure that his legacy is not forgotten.

joe careless":2nshxfgx said:
I too would be keen to take on this bike, it would partner my other bike and ermm I did pm him for the sizes and pics Ned.
No problem, it's probably a bit small for me anyway.

And I've already got to many bikes I don't ride :roll:

Back