Started my next KLEIN build.... FINALLY!

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Well after a long time waiting for my frame to get resprayed and looking for some parts, I finally started putting some "schtuff" on this weekend. My dad really did a great job respraying this Rascal in the back yard hehe ;-)

klein-rascal-white01.jpg

It's got XT M735 parts: rear mech, front mech, rear hub, black cantis and levers, cranks with BioPace rings and thumbies (still looking for a front hub). Seatpost is ControlTech, as is the stem. Handlebar is just for keeping the parts on. It's a Syncros that's shortened (it was on the S-Bike, but I didn't like it).

Front fork is a Manitou 1, but I'm still in doubt if I should use my Rock Shox RS-1. Since it's black maybe it would look better in my white/black/silver colour setup, but then again I always loved the look of a Manitou 1 BITD. Dunno, they just look bomb-proof.

So now for a saddle, a silver handlebar (hyperlite or controltech) and a nice saddle (I was thinking a black Turbo or maybe the white one I have on my Attitude??).

Anyhow, I'll post some more pics as the build continues... need to get started on the wheels.

Void(EN12-82)

That is nice :cool: , good job with the paint too ;) , if i'd tried repainting it in my back yard it would have ended
up covered in flies, dead leafs, empty crisp packets etc :D

thats really nice, :)
by the way i have a silver USE bar set with black USE bar ends if you are interested, the bars are uncut and in good condition. just thought id let you know as you are looking for silver bars !

Martin":10ex4l6y said:
How's the Attitude doing?

It's doing great! It's my ride bike now... the only one I ride :cool: Sold my Scott Scale eventually, because I just love going out on my Attitude. I really don't regret buying that one :D

Void(EN12-82)

Very nice, i would keep the manitou in!

I´m not a "time-specific"-freak, but Manitou 1 and Ahead stem, that´s really not a good combintaion imho.

Tommi74":21g109py said:
I´m not a "time-specific"-freak, but Manitou 1 and Ahead stem, that´s really not a good combintaion imho.

I know and agree, but there's no bike shop to be found here that wants to cut more threads onto my steerer. I found one bike shop somewhere else, but their cutting device was "kaputt" and because no one uses threaded steerers anymore they weren't gonna fix it.

Tried about 5 shops to no avail, so ended up doing this (as the previous owner of the fork did).

Latest posts

Back