S-Bike 909DH... we're getting there! ;-)

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi everybody,

Well... had some progress on my S-Bike and wanted to show some pics here. It's been a while, but I finally found a very crucial part so got on building. Thanks to MadCow I now have a 1.1/4" stem, took me a few months but finally had one (thanx Kev). Went to the bike shop to get the last of the cables for the shifters and set-up the brakes, still need to adjust the front/rear shifters. OK, here's some pics:

This is what it looked like when I got it:
sbike01.jpg

There was almost no paint left on it (and it was repainted with a can of paint and a brush anyhow, you could tell), the BB was seized in the frame, we had to get that out with a hammer and a brush. That resulted in the threads being f****d up, so had those machined out and now it's got some KLEIN bearings in with a spindle :)

Had it paint stripped and repainted by Void's dad:
sbike-manitou.jpg

Then I got some great new decals from gil_m:
sbike02.jpg

Transferred the wheels and XT set from my S-works to my S-Bike, so here's the cool red Pulstar front suspension hub in the Manitou EFC (I'll be rebuilding my S-works next year or so I guess):
sbike03.jpg

Here's a head-on shot from the bike, tires are Onza Aggro and Honch btw:
sbike04.jpg

Cable routing through the rear section, quite a fuss but seems to work well. I have black for the brakes and wite for shifting:
sbike05.jpg

XT rear mech with SRP bolt and wheels:
sbike06.jpg

Here's the ATAC stem I got from MadCowKev, looks great on this bike. Also, I filed out the threads of the old 1.1/4" headset so I could mount it as an A-headset ;-) No play in it and works great! So that's why the top looks 8-squared, it used to be a threaded Tioga Avenger headset:
sbike07.jpg

So now all that's left is getting a nice saddle to fit, some thumbshifter for the rear shock (that's what the unmounted white cable housing is from that's wrapped around the handlebar for now) and to set-up shifting. And it'll be finished...

You don't see many of these around and I have to say that I like it actually :cool: So, what do you think?

Void(EN12-82)

Well, here's a pic of the complete bike... apart from the thumbie to setup rear suspension. Still haven't found out what to use for that, it ain't no 7-speed SIS, found that out though ;-)

s-bike-909dh.jpg

longun":aby0r6lk said:
looks ace bud,but what does it ride like? :D

Dunno actually... never rode it before ;-) But it's really weird sitting down on it already, never had a full suspension bike before. It feels really weird that when you move around (standing still) the rear moves up and down.

But I plan to test it out gently at my parents... nothing nowhere near anything hill-like here where I live. And since my dad painted it, he'll want to see the finished bike as well. Hope it doesn't break when I test it (they seem to be doing that a lot from what I've heard).

Void(EN12-82)

Mine shifted all the time when i was pushing it,...
Loved the looks,..and now i see it , i still do

Latest posts

Back