Found my Animal watch!

Re: Mint Animal W001 'orange faced' watch arrived today!

shaun":1gd2t4kd said:
Thanks 'Rob Atkin' for starting this Animal Watch thread.

I'll buy your far right "animal" from you.... I think they nick named it "submariner" bahah. Nice rolly if it's real :D

I haven't seen an Animal watch in aaaaaages

Shaun, just managed to get myself an orange W001, when it arrived I found it to be slightly smaller than the rest of my collection, looking at yours it looks the same, ie smaller, would I be correct?
p.s if you come across a turquoise one, let me know! Bowie :cool:

Bowie":ssaoigyb said:
Shaun, just managed to get myself an orange W001, when it arrived I found it to be slightly smaller than the rest of my collection, looking at yours it looks the same, ie smaller, would I be correct?
p.s if you come across a turquoise one, let me know! Bowie :cool:

Hi Bowie, you are right, my orange faced W001 is slightly smaller than the rest of my W001s. Bit annoying as the 'normal' sized W001s are a perfect size but the orange is the best colour but a fraction too small in my opinion.

Just measured mine and the case size is 41mm, but only 39mm on the orange faced one.

This is a shame as I think a watch needs to be around 41mm to look sporty and cool, 38-39mm is just an average boring normal watch size and thus looses that certain 'look' in my opinion. I would love to know why Animal decided to make the orange one smaller, there must be a logical reason, is it the 'boys' version or was it aimed at the Japanese market who like them smaller? :? Still keeping mine though as I love the colour! :cool:

Next on the list is a dark blue one and a black one with yellow markings! ;)

Just seen a Turquoise one that you were after on Ebay, Bowie, but they want £110 and £100 for an orange one. :shock: :shock: :shock: These W001s are going up in value at an alarming rate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-MENS ... 2ebce1b51b

Attachments

• Animal W001 watch size comparison.jpg
    Animal W001 watch size comparison.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 3,196
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
imgp4769_572.jpg

Mine from thread on General Chat.

The original strap is long gone.

Apologies for bumping Arnold thread but I've just acquired an 031 titanium future series one and the strap could be considered a little tight. Not much, but a little. Googling doesn't yield much in the way of replacement straps (titanium one) so does anyone know anywhere I could get one, or even a link or two?

ANIMAL W001 WATCH IS DIFFERENT IN DESIGN AND SIZE AND IT IS A VERY RARE INSTANCE OF THESE PRETTY ANIMAL WATCHES ,THE WATCH IS IN GOOD STATE BESIDES THESE QUALITIES SOME EVIDENT SIGNS OF VERY SLIGHT WEAR AND A WINCH FOR MODIFYING THE DATE TWIGS,THE VERY INCOSIDERABLE DULL SCRATCH TO THE BESIL OF WATCH. I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT IT FROM https://www.unikluxury.com/ AND STILL HAVING IN MY WATCH BOX.

hi all ....can anyone help?

just found my old animal watch and wondered if anyone has any knowledge as i haven't seen any pictures of this one particular colour.....has 6A stamped on the back if that means anything?
cheers

Attachments

• WIN_20160319_00_34_57_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160319_00_34_57_Pro.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,744
Back