1999 Raleigh RSP Catalogue

The Raleigh files

Nicely done finding that catalogue; I haven't seen that for ages :)
I still have my Torus frameset, and it is an excellent piece of kit. I do wish I could find some of those direct control forks though...
btw, Longun; that may have been me you saw in Plymouth. Sorry... Depends when that was. I'm not much of a 'lad' any more, but I've had 2 Torus's since '94 (I bent the first one...).

I'd give my spare kidney for those forks[isn't that why you have two :D ]
God only knows where you'd find one these days :?

Raleigh1.jpg

Raleigh2.jpg

Raleigh3.jpg

Raleigh4.jpg

I found these scans of old Raleigh leaflets for the then 'new' (1990s) Dyna-Tech MTBs. For some reason I failed to scan the spec sheet for the machines at the time (and now can't find the originals, DOH!), however here is some info.

The Endeavour was the top-of-the-range model and was made of 2070 tubing, bonded into aluminium lugs. The groupset looks like it was full Campagnolo Centaur with the twist-grip shifters rather than the older 'thumbies'. Saddle is the pneumatic Campagnolo Electa (I have one on my Dyna-Tech MTB). Rims are Campagnolo, and the ubiquitous Girvin Flex-Stem is also fitted. Forks where 531 oversize (tandem).

The Voyager was made of Reynolds 2060 tubing and bonded, like the Endeavour, to aluminium lugs. The Campagnolo Olympus MTB Groupset is fitted here and, again, it looks like Campagnolo rims. Cro-Mo unicrown forkblades are fitted.

Attachments

• dynatech_voyager.jpg
    dynatech_voyager.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 6,057
  • dynatech_endeavour.jpg
    dynatech_endeavour.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 6,055
Thanks for sharing these pics....

I have just had a pair of wheels built with the same Campy rims as shown on these bikes...

They are Campagnolo Alfa XL [only 350g each!]

Used DT Rev' spokes so the wheels came out super light.

Cheers,

Chaser.

Back