Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Ok ok,

It's time to fess up. :oops:

I'm addicted to this building oldish bikes up stuff. The last bike I built up was going to be my last. I have no control over thoughts of builds, thoughts when I see a bargain set of brakes/gears/wheels/tyres et al :oops:
I think to myself, what would that go on?Maybe I could upgrade this/that bike with temptations offered by other members.
Anyhow, the upshot is, I've gone and got myself a winter project. A Scott Endorphin frame I picked up from another member. Always wanted one of these BITD ( how many times have we heard that!), but it's true!
To be totally honest, it has seen better days, but then so have I :roll:
The plan is to refinish it as best I can, keeping as close to the original colours as possible, also trying to preserve as many of the original decals as possible. The chain/seat stays are gonna be the tricky bit I think.
I made a start on the not inconsiderable job of tarting the frame up last weekend. Masked up the decals and wet n dried the yellow bits to key up for new paint.
Here's some pics, please don't laugh!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WTF ! !

:shock: :facepalm: :roll:
Let's be honest, it's not going to look pretty now, so we're a good match I reckon! :LOL: :LOL:
There are one or two areas that need some filler, sorted that out now, hope to get some more progress done this weekend.

Mike

Attachments

• endo frame 5.jpg
    endo frame 5.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 5,942
  • endo frame 6.jpg
    endo frame 6.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 5,942
  • endo frame 2.jpg
    endo frame 2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 5,942
Re: '98 Scott Endorphin morphin'

Well that's certainly a departure from your usual loveliness.

I'm sure it will be very 'special'

Now go and take your medication and think about what you've done.

Re:

Well it may end up being a complete POS , in which case I'll, ahem, have to fing something else to put the components on.
It's something to test my renovation -lack of - skills.

Mike

What have you done?!?!?!?

How did it look before you started sanding away, i reckon it is going to be difficukt to match up the yellow paint.... but well see how you get on.

02gf74":2guiymyy said:
What have you done?!?!?!?

How did it look before you started sanding away, i reckon it is going to be difficukt to match up the yellow paint.... but well see how you get on.

Fcuked!
Trust me, it was in a bad way. This refurb will put Colourtech to shame ! :LOL: :LOL:
Oh, and Fiat Golden Yellow looks pretty close

Mike

Re: Re:

coomber":2velh1mo said:
The colours are interesting, i'd hammerite the lot that'll cover up the gaps!

At least it's not pink! :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Actually hammerite would be too thin for a couple of parts :oops:
Acrypol would work better and we sell that at work ! Got a choice of white, grey, black or recycling bin ? :LOL:

Whaddya reckon?

Mike

Re:

Well I do have some grey gripshift grips that would go well with it !

Iv'e got some tins of gloss left over from the saracen and the broom?

Back