Retrobike Meet NW England - September 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Routemaster

Old Ned":2eqqo4dq said:
mrkawasaki":2eqqo4dq said:
So anyone with special requests regarding terrain, views or foodstops can holler now...

Mr K

In order - Flat/Downhill/Dry, Pretty, Lots.

Is that OK? ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Ned you might get 1 out of 5 chap.........and that's pretty, if the cloud isn't so low that you are actually in it (not uncommon around Edale/Kinder) then the views are spectacular up there.

The car park will be flat ;)

I've had a thought (sometimes I have 3 or 4 in a day!!), as you are stopping over on the Saturday night does this mean there will be 2 rides, one each day? I will only be able to do one day so I thought that if you are all in the pub Saturday night the the Sunday ride will be a lot easier as everyone else will be hungover and therefore will not be so hard on an old fart like me.

Tell me this is so, please!!

Old Ned":2bxaqd1d said:
I've had a thought (sometimes I have 3 or 4 in a day!!), as you are stopping over on the Saturday night does this mean there will be 2 rides, one each day? I will only be able to do one day so I thought that if you are all in the pub Saturday night the the Sunday ride will be a lot easier as everyone else will be hungover and therefore will not be so hard on an old fart like me.

It is so - we are always hard on old farts! Seriously though, no one gets left behind as there is a wide range of ability and an equally wide range of mechanical mishaps.

Last year there was a vague plan for a Sunday morning ride but in the end no one really fancied it due to the combo of hangover/tiredness/long drive.

I'll do a Sunday morning ride this year though as need the training/practice.

ededwards":gvh48qlf said:
Old Ned":gvh48qlf said:

'wide range of mechanical mishaps.'

Surely not with all the attention and fettling that goes on here!!

I'm shocked!! :shock:

I'll ride the old Scott Team Pro which needs a lot of TLC to get it back to shape after languishing in my son-in-laws damp garage for 2-3 years.

Me and Drapoon and plotting for this meet....hopefully we will be there representing 'RetroBike Northants' ;)

He'll be at the front cos he's a young whipersnapper and i'll be at the back with my oxygen mask :roll:

Peaking

Time's a whistlin' on and we need to make firm plans for the Peaks ride - please check out the accommodation solution proposed here and PM me if you are interested.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Note that we will be based in Hope this year, partly because of accommodation issues in Hayfield on that weekend and partly because we will be doing a figure of eight ride to accommodate more styles of terrain/differing energy levels/larger lunch and also a Sunday ride for those with the time.

All those who have not put their hands up for this ride can they now do so.... JV, Jez, Retroking etc.

Capt K

Well. I cleaned up the Scott yesterday - it was in a better mechanical condition than I anticipated - and went for a quick spin this afternoon (after the rain!). The bike worked fine - the problem is the old bloke riding it!! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back