Retro Movie Quotes.... Waht are your favourites.

Trading places 1984

President of Exchange: [Randolph Duke has just collapsed with shock] Mortimer, your brother is not well. We better call an ambulance.
Mortimer Duke: F@#k him! Now, you listen to me! I want trading reopened right now. Get those brokers back in here! Turn those machines back on!

here's another . . .

"may 10th, thank god for the rain which has helped wash away the garbage and the trash off the sidewalks, i'm workin long hours now, 6 days a week sometimes 7 days a week it's a long hustle but it keeps me real busy, i can take in 3, 350 a week sometimes more when i do it off the meter . . . all the animals come out at night, buggers, queens, fairies dopers, junkies, sick, venal, someday a real rain'll come and wash the scum off the streets."

"12hrs of work and i still can't sleep, damn, days go on and on . . . they don't end"

"lonelyness has followed me my whole life, everywhere, in bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere, there's no escape, i'm gods lonely man"

taxi driver, disturbing film

"Hi, I'm Plenty", "Well of course you are.", "Plenty O'Tool", "Named after your father obviously". Sean Connery as James Bond talking to a buxom girl :D

"Do you expect me to talk?", "No, I expect you to die" (Bond again)

"Do you like blondes then?", "As long as collar and cuffs match" (Bond again....) :LOL:

Rutger Hauer apparently made that line upon the spot,genius

there always seems to be small unforgettable lines in loads of films

'were gonna need a bigger boat' Jaws

'you got me.....who's got you!!?' Superman

'get away from her you bitch!!' Aliens

to name a few

neilll":16ml7l2l said:
You smell that?
Do you smell that?
Napalm, son.
Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
Robert Duvall, Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore, Apocalypse Now (1979)

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?
Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry (1971)

my God! — It's full of stars!"
David Bowman, 2001: A Space Odyssey (196:cool:

My name's Gunnery Sergeant Highway and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and pissed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together.
Clint Eastwood, Gunnery Sgt. Tom 'Gunny' Highway, Heartbreak Ridge (1986)

That's pretty much mine, too................ just add in Lee Ermey as Gunny Hartman in the opening scene of FMJ, 1986

Also- "It's sterile, and I like the taste!" Rip Torn, Dodgeball, 2004

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...." aye, I'll go with that too- Hauer out-acted Harrison Ford hands doon.
It's time for Hollywood to rediscover Rutger Hauer- he would be great in a film about Vikings, but 13th Warrior's already been made. He's a bit like Jack Palance- made any number of turkeys and straight-to-video boilers, but retains his coolness all the same.

On the same train nof thought, Olly Reed on Gladiator- great performance, but have a look at Ken Russell's 'The Devils', too..........anyone who thought Olly was a just a p*sshead is badly mistaken.

PS- and finally- "Greetingsh, Highlander- my name ish Juan Cervantesh- I am a Shpanish nobleman"
That'll be the Spain in Edinburgh, then? Sean Connery, just about every film he's ever made........... :p

um heres mine....ezekial blum blum sheperds the weak.....valley ...darkness....strike down those with furious anger....ect ...best film ever.....pulp fiction...best moment in a film as well .first time i saw it i hated it.second time i watched it i thought it was one of the best films ever made.although the crow is up there with it.1 more quote ......there aint no coming back ....t bird about to zig instead of zagging.......best played on a full dts 2 home kit with 2 subs ...mwahahahaha

as a foot note to this thread i must add the latest batman movie to the list of great films....wot can i say but heath should get that oscar....quote (almost)some people cant be reasoned with...they just want to see it all burn!look forward to getting that film on hd blu ray.......hurry up crimble.

Anyone know this one

"Once again that oaf has ruined my day"

Answer to follow!!!

Ps it's the same film as

"You drugged their onions!!"

Jim

Back