87 Romax

Re:

That is one of my paint jobs! I used to sign them all "Paint by Rich" which you can see kind of scraped off on the top tube.

I worked with Paul Brodie back in the 80's and painted probably a few hundred of his handbuilt frames during that period.

Very cool to see there are still some around!

-Rich

Re: Jelly Bean

Hi Rich
You would be a valued guest at Harold's next event, I think 3 of your paint jobs were there.

You did a smoke finish on Greg's, the one that got first place. I'd like to hear from you, your inspiration for the Jelly Bean (nickname) your signature is still legible.

Re: Re:

RichM":3bz2s9zt said:
That is one of my paint jobs! I used to sign them all "Paint by Rich" which you can see kind of scraped off on the top tube.

I worked with Paul Brodie back in the 80's and painted probably a few hundred of his handbuilt frames during that period.

Very cool to see there are still some around!

-Rich
hi rich
sure wish we had crossed paths earlier. would have been great to
have you out to honour brodie bikes at harald's show in may.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=291724&hilit=harald

I also have one possibly two of bike you painted BITD. looking
to repaint one. do you still paint? would love a smoke job.
regards
roy

Re:

Welcome to the forum Rich :)

If you have any pics of some of your old paint jobs then feel free to start a thread - we'd love to see them.

Re:

Hey, I do have a few photos from the old paint shop I think I might be able to dig up and scan. I wish I had taken more photos back then, it would be great to see if anyone has others they could upload. I'll start a thread when I get them digitized.

Definitely would be into going to Harald's next event, keep me posted! I remember the smoke paint job, Paul taught me that technique using a propane torch on low to make the smoke, then clear-coating over it.

Back