Orange P7 nickel plated, 1994

camokid

Old School Hero
After my Prestige photos yesterday, thought I`d take a few of my P7, one of the very first ones Stif got in. Tried to keep it as British as possible, its my ride to work, still good after 14yrs. (yes I know I need to trim the cables, half way through renewing them all)

- Orange P7 Nickel plated frame
- Pace RC30 forks
- Syncros seatpost (proper size for P7, not shimmed!)
- Control Tech stem
- Pace-Renthal RC130 bars
- Flite titanium saddle
- Chris king Headset
- RS1 "Rhino" cranks (before they became Middleburn)
- Pace RC20 chainrings in gold
- Deore XT M737 front mech
- Deore XT M737 rear mech
- Deore DX thumbshifters
- Deore XT M737 Vbrakes
- Hope blue front hub, XT M737 rear on Mavic 117 rims

(have new 517XC rims and black Hope XC hubs / black spokes awaiting build)

dds374.jpg

dds376.jpg

i have a near nos nickle palted p7 hanging on my way, same decals etc. defo nice bikes.

ill get some pic's one day.

Great looking bike that is, really nice proportions and nicely finished :cool: one of the few that looks good with skinny slicks. What size are they?

Now I do like that :cool:

Those seat tubes were 30mm weren't they? I remember it was a nightmare to get a post for my C-16. I still have the original post, it's in my wife's C-16. Got an x-lite one in the end for mine.

A nice smattering of brit parts there. :D

cornholio's RC200":15x3nfb6 said:
Now I do like that :cool:

Those seat tubes were 30mm weren't they? I remember it was a nightmare to get a post for my C-16. I still have the original post, it's in my wife's C-16. Got an x-lite one in the end for mine.

A nice smattering of brit parts there. :D

Yep the post is 30.0mm I got the Syncros post NOS on ebay a year or so ago for £6. I guess even Orange had difficulty getting 30.0mm posts as when bought new it came supplied with a shim to drop it to 27.2mm and an Orange post! (I hate shims otherwise it would have a brit USE post and Pace stem shimmed to fit)

Back