Other hobbies you are/have been nerdy into...

Cars and guitars,

Always loved cars, and I've had quite a few - hot hatches in my younger years, but more recently a few Honda Crx's and a couple of Talbot Sunbeams. I also help out servicing for a few Historic rally teams.

Guitars have been an on off thing, currently on, and I have 9 :oops: plus a couple of amps. Even after playing since the age of 7 (25 years) I'm not very good!!

Surprises me how many cyclists are into cars. The person who recommended this site to me is also a car fan.

NickD":1e3q9x7p said:
Surprises me how many cyclists are into cars. The person who recommended this site to me is also a car fan.

I guess it is a matter of some good and clean engineering at the end of a day.

Warhammer 40000 figure painting,never got into the whole 'standing around a table playing battles for hours' bit,but i really liked painting them,not blowing my own trumpet but im pretty good at it too,local shop always buys my figures for their glass display cabinet.

I used to be an audiophile until recently - cant be bothered now - ipod and some decent headphones are about all I need.

One of the most expensive systems I had:

2 x Krell FPB350M (£13,995 each)

Wilson Watt 'Puppies' (£24,995 a pair)

TAG McLaren DVD32R (£5195)

Absolute bonkers stuff - didnt pay retail as I cheated by being 'in the business' at the time.

other stuff I've owned:

JBL 4333B - £4995 in 1978!

TAG McLaren AV192R (£11,995).

Currently just run an AV32R prototype, Cambridge Audio power amps (not the current stuff - mid 80's), and my faithfull Mission 753 speakers.

I still dabble, sourcing stuff for friends now and again.

Also cars - blew a few mortgages worth on knackered 'classics' over the years...

A bit of DJing at the local pub too :LOL:

Just realized - I could put a decent hifi system together with stuff made under 20 miles away from my house. Low carbon footprint!

Hobbies

Football...I love watching my team Hull City...I have had a season ticket for 10 years approx...Looking forward to our first ever season in the top flight.

Bikes...I spent a long time away from bikes but recently got hooked again, although not to the extent of some on here!

VWs...Any variety air/water cooled...Stems from being 5 years old when my parents had a tatty brown Beetle, I loved that car. I can't have a car from outside the VAG stable now.

Mechanical Wrist Watches...I am just fascinated by the engineering involved in making mechanical watches, I have a small and modest collection ;)

Skiing...Go every year...Reached a fairly decent standard now...

:D

legrandefromage":uimv8dkj said:
I used to be an audiophile until recently - cant be bothered now - ipod and some decent headphones are about all I need.

Dude....with your luck you'd probably find some minty Quad Electrostatics and a Mitchell Gyrodec at your local tip :LOL: :LOL:

Hello

Well I am into:

Home cinema, running a arcam alpha 10 with dave board and matching power amp, arcam speakers.

Autographs, was Scotlands first UACC reg dealer - if any body needs a good unique present etc, give me a shout.

Whisky, love the stuff, not the heavy peat whisky from Islay, but mostly speyside balvenie, glenfarclas etc, also collect whisky - very good hobby to get into - more expensive than this retro bike stuff :D , also very profitable if you know what your buying :D

Warhammer - yes I am a nerd, however I am quite good at it, past national painting and tournament winner :D

cheers
Glen

Back