My Orange X1

rowley

Retro Guru
thought i would bring my old Orange out of retirement for the commute into work this morning. Was weird riding full suspension after 2 years of riding rigids and singlespeeds etc.

This bike was from the first batch that were available before the next lot came through with those modern v brake thingamy jigs.

the only changes have been the riser bars which i changed shortly after purchase, the nice transparent coda cannondale grips, the pedals and the saddle which i bought from Rotrax a few days before they shut up shop and which were a perfect match to rear triangle.

last big ride was the lemming trail ridgeway of a couple of years ago where it performed brilliantly (i didn't though) its been layed up since.

time to show it some love again now i think.

Attachments

• orange x1 005.jpg
    orange x1 005.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,304
  • orange x1 006.jpg
    orange x1 006.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1,304
  • orange x1 007.jpg
    orange x1 007.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 1,304
Clean and tidy, very nice.

Although if mine I'd put a straight bar on, but thats just me ;)

i must admit i've never been completely in love with it aesthetically and seemed to be a rushed job with the single bottle boss being left on the seat tube so it looks like its a cut and shut p7 frame, but we shared some great rides during our time in wiltshire so it has sentimental value.

wasnt the single bolt put there to prevent the seat post sliding down too far an damaging the shock pivot?

Back