Orange Clockwork Ltd Edition Re issue

rowley

Retro Guru
thought i'd post up my other Orange.
No. 199/200

Having always wanted one when i was younger was made up when they decided to re issue. Should have bought an old one but starting to like it a bit more now after being completely underwhelmed when i first got it.

Leaves little flakes of day glo orange paint wherever it goes though.

Attachments

• clockwork 001.jpg
    clockwork 001.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,259
  • clockwork 002.jpg
    clockwork 002.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,259
Very nice :cool: , quite a bit different to the original ones though.

Someone mentioned (in Halfords) this years Clockwork frame is £950 :shock:

Just about to dig out my Clockwork thread as i've threw some new bits at it :D

this years? so mine isn't going to be a ltd edition then really!

i thought they would have re launched it as a 29r or a singlespeed or something.

whats so special about the frame that it costs that much? non chip paint?!

The new Clockwork frames are growing on me, I have to say. Its a bit disappointing to hear the paintwork is so fragile though, since that's the main reason for buying one over the P7. :cry:

Generally though; very cool. :cool:

rowley":hcsm2q57 said:
this years? so mine isn't going to be a ltd edition then really!

i thought they would have re launched it as a 29r or a singlespeed or something.

whats so special about the frame that it costs that much? non chip paint?!

Have'nt looked into it too much, the guy in Halfords was admiring mine and said he quite fancied a new one till he found out the price
at £950, maybe it's a new reissued Prestige frame ?, he definetely said Clockwork, he could be wrong though.

halfords are wrong.

the frame was about 379 rrp and it was an 07 model and there were only 200 of them, the paint is quite fragile though, i have one and there are a couple of chips that i wouldn't expect to have happened. ride great though! :D

the new prestige, 08 model, is quite different though, not just the tubing but the frame design, very nice though, i need more money so i can but one of those aswell, just to have it and hug it and never let it go . . . i've said too much . . . i'll get my coat.

rowley said:
thought i'd post up my other Orange.
No. 199/200

Having always wanted one when i was younger was made up when they decided to re issue. Should have bought an old one but starting to like it a bit more now after being completely underwhelmed when i first got it.

Is that Itchen Bridge in the back ground? I used to live in bitterne park but have moved to the 'big country' now.

what has just occurred to me is that yes that is itchen bridge and rowley listed romsey as his location, did i sell it to him when i was working at GA cycles?

how random is that? :D

p.s heres mine

Attachments

• clockworkbling.jpg
    clockworkbling.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,090
hi, it is indeed the itchen bridge which is just around the corner from my place of employment.
Unfortuately i didn't buy it from GA cycles as i needed to buy it on the never never mail order. Won't do that again as had too many issues with the disc brakes. Did buy my wifes pink bear valley from there a couple of months ago though!!

Back