first retro build

bunzra

Devout Dirtbag
hi all

After reading this forum its really inspired me to get back into mtbs and espcially the ones i used to race back in the nineties. selling them is something i much regret now and want to build up my collection of bikes i raced over the years. anyway i picked up my first project this weekend and hope to get her back to original state over the winter months!

heres some pics

Attachments

• stumpjumper.jpg
    stumpjumper.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,842
  • stumpjumper1.jpg
    stumpjumper1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,842
  • stumpjumper2.jpg
    stumpjumper2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,842
Re:

Looks like a very nice project there mate , could do with some bigger pictures though as my eyesight is rubbish :LOL:
Was this an recent Ebay purchase ?
Paul

hi all,

Thanks

yeah correct ebay purchase, i think i did alright in paying just over 100 for her, the forks are seized but might just be the elastomers gone solid?? shes in need of some new paint to, are Argos the right guys for the job?? i am gonna try keep it as original as possible but its hard finding suntour parts unless you go to euro-asia imports, i got quoted 150 for a bb yesterday haaa! will post some bigger more detailed pic tonight if i get a chance.

cheers

mark

it just takes time...

I think you definitely did alright - that slipped well under the RB radar...

Good luck

Re:

Oh yes - what BB parts do you need - is it 68 or 73mm (my son's '92 rockhopper is 73mm?)

cheers archemist

wow thats basically what i need!!

looking forward to getting stuck in now, its a 73mm bottom bracket. i havnt had time to start stripping it down yet but the bearings feel shot in the bb so i d probably replace the the whole thing as a matter of caution.

Re: Re:

wadsy":20ujsdd5 said:
Welcome :) ....have fun!

Cheers
wad

what Wadsey meant to say was ...... get used to being forever skint and always having a bike awaiting rebuilding no matter how many you've completed :LOL: :LOL:

Back