1992 Rocky Mountain Team Comp

Blizz

Retro Guru
My 92 Rocky Team Comp! I found it in excellent condition with almost all original parts. It's mainly a Shimano DX/LX build with XT levers. This particular Team Comp came with Tange Shockblades, instead of the Scott Unishock. (Yes, that's a whole 1" of travel!!)
The only parts I changed were the Syncros stem, Turbo saddle, and Ritchey tires. This one is almost too nice to be a daily rider, but think I'll take it out for a rip later today!

Attachments

• TeamComp2.jpg
    TeamComp2.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 1,687
  • TeamComp6.jpg
    TeamComp6.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 1,684
  • TeamComp5.jpg
    TeamComp5.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 1,683
  • TeamComp4.jpg
    TeamComp4.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 1,683
  • TeamComp1.jpg
    TeamComp1.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 1,682
Re:

that's super tidy… nice score! i fitted my first RM i ever owned, an Experience, with those forks.

everytime i see a team comp, i always think of the Stratos. guess because of the paint colour.

Re:

Very nice,,all the Scott forks were recalled,this might be a replacement item..I remember putting some Tange Struts on my Lavadome back in the day,,they were actually pretty good...!.1-1/2" travel..and the Stratos frames look the same because they were actually painted silver too,,(I was surprised when I found out ).

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how it cleaned up. It was stored in someone's garage for many years, and ridden very seldom before that...so almost like new!

I agree, it looks very similar to the 93 Stratos and has a lot of the same Dx parts. I had one for a short time and it had the same silver paint, which looks great when new. The Stratos decals had a dark blue shadow, otherwise similar to the Team Comp ones. I have to say, I like how the Tange Prestige frame rides compared to the 7005 frame.

Attachments

• Stratos.jpg
    Stratos.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,565
Back