Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project *Finished*

Re:

Well, this is sorta 'it' - not 100% imo, but the closest i'll get it for the time being and happy enough with it to show it off.
Still a couple of niggles I'd like sorted like a new set of chainrings, NOS front mech, seat recovered, new seat post but I'll do those in time ;)
Thanks for looking and I'll update in future if I manage to get any of those bits sorted, cheers :)

Re:

Looks amazing Jax much shinier than mine, just wondering if you are/were having tire clearance issues with the rear 2.1 and the u brake like I did? Again super job on the polish hell everything
Cheerio
LF

Re:

Cheers dude :D, I'm really happy with it, I wanted to start another project straight after but my Kona is no good (parts in the for sale thread ;) ), so I'm going to have a think and probably start a new project in the new year :)

Tyre issues? - erm, no issues at all with clearance but I think yours was a year older (?) so maybe GT made some small changes?

Re: Re:

therealjaxon":32kupu7s said:
Well, this is sorta 'it' - not 100% imo, but the closest i'll get it for the time being and happy enough with it to show it off.
Still a couple of niggles I'd like sorted like a new set of chainrings, NOS front mech, seat recovered, new seat post but I'll do those in time ;)
Thanks for looking and I'll update in future if I manage to get any of those bits sorted, cheers :)

I'm not a great fan of GT's (not sure why) but that is a beauty and if I was going to have one, it would look just like that :)

All your hard work has paid off and it looks amazing – great job.

Re: Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project

Cheers dude, appreciated :)
I guess it's a little standard for some but that's what I was going for - something very similar to my original.
Maybe the next one will be tricked out ;)

Also just want to say thanks to all on Retrobike who have given advice and sold me the parts I needed.
Goes without saying that this project would've been more difficult and taken longer without the help I recieved, so LONG LIVE THE RB COMMUNITY!! :D

Re:

Minor update:

Today the Zaskar received a NOS rear cassette, NOS chain, NOS Front derailleur and a vgc UN70 BB - finally!!....

......and a NOS saddle :)

Re:

Actually though, I haven't polished it since last year - its well kept ;)

There's still a couple of other niggly bits left to do as well - the bar ends and brake booster to get anodised (painted atm) and the wheel bearings and cone nuts.

Back