• Sunday the 24th of August

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

• I'm just being nosey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK gonna call time on the poll early because the 9th looks strong and its coming round pretty quick.

Any thoughts on where we are with this i.e. is Sat. the 9th definately a goer, what time, who's thinking of going and what's the plan when we get there? Obviously some bike riding will be in order but should we be factoring in things like the burger van and local pubs? :)

Yup dates been set for the 9th and meet at the usual time of 10:30 for 11:00, we can change this if folks aren't too far away. Suggest a few laps of the course or courses and set some rules, I'll post some initial ones in the OP. And a list of attendees would be good but not essential but well try to accommodate anyones traveling and commitments. Someone could volunteer to bring a stop watch too.

Roll call

Kaiser
Awaycaboose
Jimihendrix
velo
gazz
haggis

add your name if you fancy it and if your just browsing the forum come along anyway for a blether, retro or no.

I'll be there and will bring a stopwatch- good time again. There is a car park in the park right outside the burrell collection buildings which would be a good meeting place?

clockworkgazz":x09uz1gj said:
I'll be there and will bring a stopwatch- good time again. There is a car park in the park right outside the burrell collection buildings which would be a good meeting place?

Gazz do you have a overveiw of the course? Am I right in thinking you said it was about 2 or 3 miles? What are the other bits like?

awaycaboose":vsrgo1xv said:
should we be factoring in things like the burger van and local pubs? :)

Good idea, any views?

My sense of distance is not great but 1.5- 2 miles is prob. about right (caboose will confirm this?). The course is all singletrack, some bits are technical but nothing to bad, quite undulating but no real hills, very much set up for fast laps, albeit you just need to be aware of other bikers.

We can all decide when we go round if you want to do just the one lap or more? Can't get lost really but if anyone is interested I will be going up on sunday morning to do a few laps, so welcome to come along.

Should point out to anyone who was thinking of coming but were afraid that the competition would be too fierce, is that gazz is really rubbish and you won't be last :LOL: :LOL:

only kidding :LOL:

Back